Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: snow in SH
posted 06-26-06 19:58 EST (US)   
This is pretty straightforward: does anyone know how to make the snow effect in Stronghold??
Replies:
posted 06-27-06 05:05 EST (US)     1 / 7  
It would be awsome if anybody knew that...I have many ideas with snow
posted 06-27-06 06:53 EST (US)     2 / 7  
First, place stones (the ones that vary in size) on a map untill they do not longer appear when you place one, then make a bit of river with foam on it and place one of those invisible stones on it, this should freeze the foam resulting in something that looks like snow.
Simply delete the bulk of stones you have left afterwards.
(ps, once you placed one of those invisible stones nothing can be changed to that block of land again)

_¸,.¤°¨¨°¤.,¸//¯Yay for flash games: Kongregate!¯\\¸,.¤°¨¨°¤.,¸_
posted 06-27-06 07:52 EST (US)     3 / 7  
Two additions: you can remove the snow using the 'land' tool, but no new terrrain types can be placed on it. Buildings can be placed on it though.
Also, the foam won't freeze unless you do something else with the editor, for instance do a single click with the raise land tool.
posted 06-29-06 22:09 EST (US)     4 / 7  
First, place stones (the ones that vary in size) on a map untill they do not longer appear when you place one, then make a bit of river with foam on it and place one of those invisible stones on it, this should freeze the foam resulting in something that looks like snow.
Simply delete the bulk of stones you have left afterwards.
(ps, once you placed one of those invisible stones nothing can be changed to that block of land again)

I don't really understand what you mean the stones. DO you mean the boulders, or the pebbles, or rocks, or the stones, or the big ones that can be east west north or south?? Because i tried using the big ones that change directions and put them all over the map, nothing happened.

posted 06-30-06 05:57 EST (US)     5 / 7  
the big ones from east, south, west, north
oh, and, you don't need to click a thousand times, simply hold down your left mouse button while you go over the landscape and they keep appearing, go on untill you have 1000

_¸,.¤°¨¨°¤.,¸//¯Yay for flash games: Kongregate!¯\\¸,.¤°¨¨°¤.,¸_

[This message has been edited by Darkslave Master (edited 06-30-2006 @ 06:02 AM).]

posted 06-30-06 13:56 EST (US)     6 / 7  
Oh, thats kinda time consuming but i'll try thnx!!
posted 02-14-09 22:03 EST (US)     7 / 7  
-Place 2000 stones so you max the sprite limit (2000 stone trick)
-Place river and create foam (this will act as snow)
-place your 2001st stone over the foam and click
-The stone will not appear but it freezes the foam

The frozen foam looks like snow, now just continue to freeze foam tiles untill you have the desired amount of snow. Erase the 2000 stones you placed and continue landscaping
Bumped thread to include valuable information - to be added to the Tutorials thread.
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » snow in SH
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames