You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How do I create an AI Lord?
posted 08-11-17 03:23 EST (US)   
Hello everyone, I am new to these forums but I've been playing this game for over a decade now. Hopefully I am posting this in the correct section.

Anyways, I was hoping someone could help me figure out what I need to do in order to create my own AI Lords. I'm pretty new to the whole Stronghold Crusader modding thing you see. But I'm willing to learn and have already downloaded the Village AIV editor (which seems easy enough to use).

Here is a link to someone who created a pretty interesting AI Lord: http://stronghold.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7956

Are there any other programs that I need to download as well? If not, what do I need to do in order to give the custom castle that I design to the custom AI?

You see I tried to do some research on creating custom AI Lords for this game. But every tutorial I found was in German (I think) which I am unable to speak or understand. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

P.S.: I'm also figuring out how to add modded files onto my game as well. It's been awhile since I've modded anything. So if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Although I'm sure I'll have a easier time finding an English tutorial for that.
Replies:
posted 08-11-17 17:39 EST (US)     1 / 5  
Hi, welcome to Stronghold Heaven.

For what I can tell, all you can do regarding AI lords is to make new castle landscapes. What some others also managed to do is changing the picture of an AI lord, change their name, and change their description. But for these two you would need to mess with the exe file, not with the resources as it is the case with castle layouts.

Also, I don't know if anybody has managed to make an actually new AI lord. I mean, you can change Pig into something else, you can change his name, his picture, etc., but you cannot change his behavior. He will still feed his people with cheese, he will use macemen and crossbowmen, etc.

For making or editing castle layouts you can use Village AIV editor which you already mentioned, while for the rest of the things you would need some tools to edit the exe file. But I know little about editing exe files, I tried it once, and I didn't figure it out. But I'm just a mathematician, not a programmer, and there are others who have managed to handle it.
posted 08-11-17 20:27 EST (US)     2 / 5  
Thank you Eagle Prince. I am actually a bit of a programmer myself and have already backed up my original files. I'll look into figuring out these exe files that you've mentioned here. While trying to figure out a way to create an AI Lord as well. Based off of what I've seen. You can only replace existing AI Lords which I am not a fan of.

Hopefully I will be able to at least figure out what I would need to do in order to add another AI Lord into the game.
posted 08-12-17 11:51 EST (US)     3 / 5  
Well, when it comes to adding an entirely new AI lord, in this case you would need not only to add this new lord, but to do some changes in the design of the screen in which you choose AI lords for a skirmish game. I mean, I'm just noting that there might be much more work with that than with "simply" editing an existing AI lord.

Oh, and just in case I didn't express myself well: there is only one exe file which would need to be edited, that would be Stronghold Crusader.exe.

It might be interesting to see another AI lord which would be using some different combination of troops. For example, I have never understood why haven't they added an AI lord which would use siege towers.
posted 01-23-18 11:55 EST (US)     4 / 5  
Hi.
how are you?
please tell me how to I can change computer lords name.
for example pig etc
posted 01-24-18 02:33 EST (US)     5 / 5  
It is possible, but for that one would need to edit the .exe file I think. And I don't know how exactly to do that.
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » How do I create an AI Lord?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames