The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: To be King, Stronghold Rpg
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12  Next Page »
posted 01-26-06 23:58 EST (US)   
It was a land. It had lords. It has a king. But he is a weak king, with no real power anywhere except his capitol. Become king, then gain supporters. Or kill the current king. Or...

Name:
User:
Land: (What does your land look like, what resources does it have.)
Army: ( Please start this small, and don't feel like you have to use Stronghold units.)
Bio: (a biography of your charecter)
Region: (explained below)
Allies:
Enemies:

I retain the right too veto players. You can also be a mercenary, in which case you have no land, but maybe a small following of fellow mercenaries. Use your imagination.

Regions:

The Coast: High cliffs, beaches, constant raids, easy fishing, and easily defensible castles charecterize this place.

The Forest: Large amount of trees, plentifull deer, bandit attcks, hard to find keeps, and large wolf packs exist here.

The Plains: Large farmlands, few rocks, several rivers, easily attackable castles, and high trade/taxes are what this place is about.

The Hills: Plentifull mines, little game or farmland, plenty of stone, raids of nearby kingdoms, and easily defensible castles are here.

Every region has a council that every lord is on. Each year, they vote too see which (except for the plains which gets 3, or the Coast which gets 2) of them goes onto the Lords Council. They can not vote for themselves.

The Lords Council:

The Lords Council advises the king, and can set up new laws through a majority vote. In case of a tie, the king will break it. The Lords Council can also send people into exile, and, in the case of a unanimous vote, force the king to abdicate the throne, leading to an immediate vote, in which all lords vote in the There is no Lords council until year 2.

Exile:

When in exile, you control only your charecter, and his army. You can invade anywhere, without causing any political problems(ok not exacly). You can also re-conquer your estate and become a seperate kingdom, and then maybe get invaded.

Everyone can have 1 charecter, except me, who is also going to have too control the king. This limit maybe raised. No godmodding, like sayong I build 1,200 knights and 500 trebuchets in 1 month and take over the world. 1 month= 2 days. Good luck, and have fun.

Charecters:

Name:Lord Divon
User: Pacifica2
Land: A small estae, with several small forests, a prime fishing spot, a beach, and with the keep set near a cliff. No stone or iron, but some farmland.
Army: 25 spearmen, 10 archers, 20 militia crossbowmen(no armour), 2 seargents(swordsmen with leather armour and round shields, specializing in directing men in combat.)
Bio: Born of noble blood, Divon gained much honor fighting against the Viking raiders. He eventually beat them off this land, and earned himself his estate.
Region: The Coast
Allies:
Enemies:

Name:Lord Michael I
User:Ermm.. Lord Michael I
Land: A small estate, with medium sized farmland, (something), some iron and some stone, the keep is in a mountain and a small lake for fishing, some woods.
Army: Some assasins (10), 20 rapidly made crossbowmen (no armor), my general (a swordsman), and a guy with a RPG-7 (just kidding), emm... 15 pikemen
Bio: Born in Venezuela as a slave, he got bored of the spanish reign over there, so he went to Europe hidden in a merchandise boat to get a Life, he arrived at Spain and became a rich guy's slave, the he became a rebel with some others and a friend of his with military influences gave him some soldiers as his escolt, he attcaked secretly some barracks to get some soldiers and escaped to make his own kingdom. (Sorry for the chronollogically and illogically bad story but if you see my signature it says i'm not creative)
Region: The hills.
Allies:
Enemies:

Name:Lord MNICY
User:MNICY
Land: keep on top of a mountain; medium sized valley behind with a river running through,pitch avalable, small forest .; cant get into vally except for through castle. Medeum sized keep. In front, slope going down; iron and stone resorses along it...
Army: 30 archers, 5 crossbowmen, 10 swordsmen.
Bio:Wont tell anyone about his early history. Suddently showed up around places, walking into random inns and pouring oil on people.
Region: The Hills
Allies:
Enemies:

Name: General Samael
User: Jasper Tudor
Land: No certain land (see bio.)
Army: 40 spearmen (only chainmail), 10 swordsmen (full plate armour), 10 crossbowmen (only quilted armour), 30 archers (regular, no longbows. no armour)
Bio: Born poor in a city somewhere. Joined the army to earn some money, and soon prooved to be a talented leader. But as he was no noble, nor rich, he couldn't be promoted to an officer. Thus, he deserted, forming his own, mercenary army. Won't attack anyone, unless payed by someone else. No certain occupation, just moves around, trying to get hired.
Region: No certain region (see bio.)
Allies: No one. Could be temporary allied to someone, but if another person pays him more, he'll gladly fight his previous employer.
Enemies: No one. Only those he gets payed to kill.

Name: Sir Harold Franklyn
User: Eothain
Land: Harold's castle and lands are located in a large forest which has a large number of trees and the like. The forest isn't particularly overgrown and is mostly decidious (i.e. not ever green). The climate is warm and very nice. Besides the castle runs a fast flowing stream about 6 to 8 feet across.
Army: 20 Longbowmen, 5 hunters, 10 axe soldiers
Bio: Harold Franklyn is a minor gentry but as the eight son of a lord (who was also an eigth son, though his seven brothers were slain in battle against Moors), was not entitled to inherit the land and has thus decided to travel from his home and for a long while wondered through the land with a few followers untill he reached the site of his current castle.
Region: The Forest
Allies: None
Enemies: None^_^

Name: Earl ODAR RANGOCK (earl is a title)
User:ace general
Land: A fijjord in Norway and 10 miles around it, about 10 miles of mountous costal reigons in your land
Army:80 spearemen, 40 arcers and 30 swordsmen and 5 ships with crew that can be detacted to from 10 spearmen each
Bio:A Viking earl that wanted to gain weath and fame by attcking and raiding your lands.

Name: Lord Loggan
User: crazygungan
Land: A small area of land in a secluded valley. The area is populated mainly with peasants who farm only for themselves. The main resource in the valley is a quarry which provides good quality stone.
Army: 10 barely trained farmers with Bows, 5 other farmers with sheilds and spears.
Bio: Lord Loggan is one of a group of Lords in the hills. They have never had much in the way of land or power and have mainly fought between themselves. Lord Loggan is currently one of the most powerful because his army numbers more than 5
Region: The Hills
Allies:

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 02-12-2006 @ 11:05 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-28-06 17:40 EST (US)     251 / 299  
I must thank the king for his excellent defenses. He has killed maybe 100 men, and I have seen over 700 of his men die. Right now I am using a crossbow. Please help break this siege. You must kill the king. He is a tyrant, with stupid knights.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
posted 02-28-06 17:46 EST (US)     252 / 299  
Thank him? I think you meant 'praise him'.

Is the king in a castle? Just wondering.

posted 02-28-06 18:10 EST (US)     253 / 299  
If he is in castle, I'll send some catapults to take down the structure and maybe kill the king.

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
posted 02-28-06 22:38 EST (US)     254 / 299  
[ Lord Lavoie forges weapons, and offers a 1000 gold tribute to the tribes men.]

+25 Mercinaries/Tribesmen (BOW)
+30 Mercinaries/Tribesmen (Melee)

"When shall we assualt the fort LMI? My men are getting eager."

.+"+ . +"+. Brandon Lavoie .+"+ . +"+
.+"+ . +"+. Stronghold Heaven .+"+ . +"+. Age of Empires Heaven .+"+ . +"+.
posted 03-01-06 03:07 EST (US)     255 / 299  
My men are moving forward, I have 2 battering rams (1 spare) and I am moving towrards the gate. The few archers that I have are tryingh to shoot the kings archers on the walls.
posted 03-01-06 07:02 EST (US)     256 / 299  
The king abondend his castle to go looking for some "bandits"(go back a few pages). My men I took over the castle. Catapults are welcome, we can mount them on the walls, and we have seen the enemy collecting wood. And bring men. The more e
the merrier as they say in catland.

Dedicated RPer
posted 03-01-06 11:24 EST (US)     257 / 299  
Ok, I can't bring any catapults, but my men can help to defend. Errrm... It wasn't your archers that I was shooting at was it? If it was then... sorry.
posted 03-01-06 15:15 EST (US)     258 / 299  
[ Sets up ballistae, and lines archers for volley the Hashtwo castle ]

Archers Draw! Load Ballistae!

[ Archers draw thier arrows, and the ballistae load their bolts. ]

Ignite Arrows!

[ Archers Ignite arrows with oil, while ballistae load pitch bags at the end of their bolts ]

Loose arrows!

[ A Large volley of arrows comes crashing into the walls. Screams and comotion are occured, as the people of hashtwo prepare to defend their castle ]

Aim Ballistae to thier towers! Fire!

[ Ballistae Bolts reign from the back of the army, exploding on impacting with the tower tops ]

Retreat, they are firing back!

posted 03-01-06 16:32 EST (US)     259 / 299  
*sends half troops in*
*does minor damage*
*receives minor damage*
*retreats*

Lords: Conquest - Medieval MMOG
"Come to think of it, how many people CAN fit on a pike?" -artofmath
"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I
posted 03-01-06 17:01 EST (US)     260 / 299  
*Catapults arrive*

*My men make a shield formation covering every part of them for not being hit*

*Some soldies throw greek fire*
*City lights up*

Opened a new arena!

My Johari window.
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
posted 03-01-06 17:50 EST (US)     261 / 299  
[ Orders sheild wall ] Move ontoo the city walls, use your shields! Bring in the ram! Order catapults and Ballistae to fire at the gatehouse!

posted 03-01-06 19:15 EST (US)     262 / 299  
My noble ally, Lord Lavoie, have a present of 500 gold. Recieve it as your birthday present.

My Johari window.
posted 03-03-06 14:50 EST (US)     263 / 299  
[ Accepts the gift ] Thank you LMI, now lets get back to the seige!

posted 03-04-06 08:02 EST (US)     264 / 299  
My army has begun to move against the King. He has been building large amounts of seige weapons to recapture his castle. I charged out of the castle during the night, and, after a short battle, I retreated. In the battle, I lost:

7 peasants equiped with swords.
3 mercenaries with spear and sheilds
8 axemen

However, I killed about 30 of his troops and managed to seriously damage 3 catapults. Quite a few of his engineers were also killed in the confusion.

My army is now:

Lord Loggan and his general. The general has a sword. I have a sharp sword and a sheild
The elite Pikeman
10 peasants armed with spears and shields
25 swordsmen with chainmail
22 axemen with chainmail, helmets and sheilds.
15 mecenaries with swords, sheilds and armour
10 spearmen
25 archers
10 skilled mercenaries with bows, swords and chainmail

posted 03-04-06 13:47 EST (US)     265 / 299  
We have set up several long range catapults. They can reach the encampment. Lord Loggan where do we launch the flaming stones.

Dedicated RPer
posted 03-05-06 06:43 EST (US)     266 / 299  
The siege weapons were in near to the front of the cvamp, but I think that they will have moved them to the middle after my raid, so I would suggest that you fire into the center. Also, if we hit the center, it should kill more people and big lumps of burning stuff falling into the camp is going to have a very bad effect on enemy morale.
posted 03-05-06 11:06 EST (US)     267 / 299  
No, try and hit thier towers,, it would wound many of thier archers and anti-seige equipment.

posted 03-05-06 14:53 EST (US)     268 / 299  
Well, bfiring into the camp will probably damage their seige towers anyway (if they have any, my men didn't spot them). Also, the catapults pose more of a threat to us as they can damage our walls. We depend on these walls because our army is a lot smaller than the kings.
posted 03-05-06 19:43 EST (US)     269 / 299  
Fire at the center.

Release stones, fire at will.

* Massive stones with wood and oild on them go heading towads the enemy. Most are flaming*

Release the FIRE DEMON.

* A Huge pot of flaming oil is launched at the enemy. The ground around and inside the enemies camp burns, and many siege weapons and men are killed, along with there puny pallisade fortress.*

Dedicated RPer
posted 03-05-06 22:29 EST (US)     270 / 299  
Lord MNICY rolls out from under the pot of boiling oil. you guys lauched it before checking to see if i was lying under it! Lord MNICY finishes killing the enemies who havent burned.

"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I
posted 03-06-06 16:29 EST (US)     271 / 299  
Let's throw some dead cows to make sure they're dead. We'll enter a day later to raid it.

My Johari window.
posted 03-06-06 16:57 EST (US)     272 / 299  
Good idea, I need to get back to my war in Hashone. I have had a message that a large army is gathering...
posted 03-06-06 18:54 EST (US)     273 / 299  
MNICY fires some cows, and the cows explode, showering the enemys with boiling oil. (so i filled the cows with bottles of oil.. so what?)

posted 03-11-06 01:59 EST (US)     274 / 299  
273 posts. WOW!!! So cool.

Dedicated RPer
posted 03-11-06 07:59 EST (US)     275 / 299  
I have been inactive for quite a while, but now I'm back (that is, if someone employs me).
So, what do you say, lords? Do you need an extra hand fighting whoever you would be fighting?

Sand is overrated. It's just tiny little rocks.

Check out my latest map, Dear Brother
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12  Next Page »
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » To be King, Stronghold Rpg
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames