So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»
Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-09-16 14:47 EST (US)     1276 / 1309  
Well, now I got back to my city, I washed away the salt of the car, and now it can snow as much as it wants. I used to dislike snow earlier for certain reasons, but right now I personally don't depends so much of whether it snows or not, so I miss the snow a little. There used to be way more snow where I live when I was a kid. Today it's maximum few weeks of snow per winter these years.
posted 12-10-16 14:37 EST (US)     1277 / 1309  
Good to see you Lady A. I am for snow of the virtual and real varieties, except for when I have to drive in it. One winter I made a snow slide in my backyard after it snowed hard enough. I'd like to do that again, only it needs to happen when I have enough time and energy to take advantage of it. It has been pretty warm so far, although winter is asserting itself a little more strongly lately.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
posted 12-10-16 16:20 EST (US)     1278 / 1309  
My brother hated snow so much when we were kids, that when I started an Empire Earth custom game once and the randomly chosen map was a snow map, he made me restart the game.
posted 12-12-16 20:05 EST (US)     1279 / 1309  
o_o Wow. That is an impressive hatred of snow. I wonder what it did to him to make him dislike it so much.

We got enough snow to cover the ground Sunday night, but it's all melted already.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
posted 12-14-16 15:49 EST (US)     1280 / 1309  
Well, he doesn't actually hate show that much in general, but it could be that on that day we had to do something outside, such as cleaning snow in our yard, or something like that. I mean, he did dislike snow back then, that's for sure, but not that much to do something like that (like telling to change the map ) on regular basis.

Plus, I have to say that we depended on snow then - as a family, and snow meant far more difficulties. It's easy for me now to say "damn, what is this, it's already December and still no snow?" when I don't depend of snow today. I work in the same city where I live, I would only need to walk more carefully, I can warm myself, and I don't have to stay outside for hours for any reason, etc... Only the traffic would be slower because each year our winter/road services (whatever you call them, I'm not sure how?) "get surprised" by snow during winter, and all those stuff get in mess, but that would be it.

But I would like to have some snow this year.
posted 12-21-16 19:13 EST (US)     1281 / 1309  
Hey everyone

Eagle -
Hey, Lord of Hell, how are you? I'm so glad to see you! And I see you again seem to be quicker than me for at least few minutes, just in the good ol' times.

I was just thinking at some moments how I haven't seen you around in a while. Or maybe you could reply in the recovery room, I'd love to hear how are you doing, how are your studies going, perhaps you have even started to work by now, etc. Well, some of us even got married. (Not me though, at least not yet that is. )
Good to still see some familiar names like yours, looks like you've been doing a good job helping people out

I'm good, still studying law, not yet working in this domain but employed in my family business on other matters

How are you?

Good to see people still upload maps in the DL section
Everybody else doing good?

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
posted 12-22-16 17:39 EST (US)     1282 / 1309  
Well, similar with me, I'm still studying. I got master degree, and after that I started my PHD studies. During this period I've been working too - teaching math in several schools, in particular in one elementary school and two high schools, and at the university. So, things have been going quite well for me, can't complain. I am glad things are going well for you too!

Yeah, new maps and files are being submitted, though sadly I don't manage to find the time to play those maps, and many of them are lovely!

Now, I also haven't seen Sir Vet in a while. I would love him to show up at some moment, at least to say hi.
posted 12-22-16 18:12 EST (US)     1283 / 1309  
Really? Teaching math? Damn, I suck at math, though my father's an engineer, lol.

I hope to find the time to try out some of these fresh maps.
You could add me on skype and chat some more if you'd like. It's on my profile's details.

Has Sir Vet been missing for a long time?

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
posted 12-23-16 14:26 EST (US)     1284 / 1309  
Yeah, and then I started my PHD studies, one could say I just can't get enough of math in my life.

Sure, I have sent you a PM on Skype few moments ago.

I think that it would be almost two years by now since I haven't seen him around. It would be great if he came by at some moment, he's a good guy. Also, I wish him to be well.
posted 12-23-16 16:12 EST (US)     1285 / 1309  
I miss Peter2008 the most. He was my first designing and gameplay teacher 7 years ago He must have had a bad time when he saw me for the first time on gameranger how badly I was gaming haha. Hope he reads this sometime, would bring him a smile.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
posted 12-23-16 17:59 EST (US)     1286 / 1309  
Yeah, I think I have heard from Sir Vet that Peter2008 is a player who likes challenges. When Sir Vet would make a new map, he would also make a harder version for Peter.

Well, his latest post was from December 27, 2015, which is only two pages before this one. Maybe he does come by during winter holidays.
posted 12-23-16 18:06 EST (US)     1287 / 1309  
Yeah he helped me with a lot of playtesting too. He was the only one besides me to win my hardest map, Armageddon. One thing is to barely win a map made by yourself, another is to win it when it's made by someone else. Takes a lot of dedication.

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
posted 12-24-16 02:34 EST (US)     1288 / 1309  
Now if I had just a little bit more time I would accept that as a challenge!
posted 12-24-16 10:18 EST (US)     1289 / 1309  
Hi guys, it's been a while.

Yes I called Peter a power player, he was always a top challenger on most of my maps and challenges, and talk about challenging me to come up with those challenges for power players.:-)

I have not played for a while, but I did try and make an unusual map for C1.1, a blank map with a market to use the meager amount of gold, the goal is to make a lot more gold and defend as well, still tweaking to make it challenging and fun.

Good to see there is still some life around here, not bad for such an old game, good thing FireFly gave us editors.

Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Great New Year!
posted 12-24-16 10:22 EST (US)     1290 / 1309  
You too Sir Vet! Happy Holidays

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
posted 12-24-16 10:57 EST (US)     1291 / 1309  
Hey, it's really great to see you, this Christmas can't get any better.

Merry Christmas to you too, my friend! If you wish to play a multiplayer game against AI lords like we used to, do call me to "come to your aid".

Also when you wish to share a map with us, or to have a playtester, I'm here for you.

Or for whatever! If you want, you can always contact me on my email, I would get it as if you sent me an SMS, or we could use some other mean of communication if you want.

How are you doing? Is everything well?

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 12-25-2016 @ 07:29 AM).]

posted 12-25-16 04:18 EST (US)     1292 / 1309  
Don't think I want to marry* Christmas but : Merry Christmas to all of you.

*EaglePrince has edited his post

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 12-25-2016 @ 10:54 AM).]

posted 12-25-16 07:30 EST (US)     1293 / 1309  
posted 12-28-16 19:29 EST (US)     1294 / 1309  
hello all, hope everyone had a good christmas.

Been a bit since my last post. New job, got my own place, and all the mess that comes with being self sufficient. Actually a pretty civil adult now, time mellows you out fortunantly(?).

We were looking at a Bismuth specimen I have on my bookshelf and remembered the user by the same name, that brought back memories - I remember him disappearing without notice to the disappointment of a very active community at the time. 'A giant once walked here" I remember being amazed by that map, that was 12 years ago guys, I can't believe it.
Probably about the same time a very friendly fellow sent me a CPU from the other side of the globe because my computer died and I couldn't make strongold maps without it (being a kid with no money to buy a replacement). You may have forgotten that PCD, but I never will

Then remembered the NAT duo, Sulis, kester, list goes on. What a place this used to be.
Anyhow, happy new year all, i'm going to spend some time browsing the archives now that i'm reminiscing on old times

[This message has been edited by WL_D Arthus (edited 12-28-2016 @ 07:36 PM).]

posted 12-29-16 03:40 EST (US)     1295 / 1309  
Hi Arthus, great seing you and belated Merry Christmas

No, I have not forgotten about that CPU

Don't forget you owe me a beer on that account in case I take a trip down under

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 12-29-2016 @ 01:56 PM).]

posted 12-29-16 10:39 EST (US)     1296 / 1309  
From the moment I came here I knew this was a friendly a community, but now I see it was even more friendly - full of good people, and willing to help - and not just when it comes to those tiny issues with Stronghold.

It is good to see that this New Year and this Christmas have united it us. It would be even better if we saw here even more of our old friends, but of course - holidays are not over yet.
posted 02-18-17 15:04 EST (US)     1297 / 1309  
Hey, guys! Months ago I have come up with an idea which could hopefully make Heaven Games' forums a lot easier to visit from mobile devices such as smart phones or tablets. More and more people use these devices to visit internet with, and often it is such a pain to navigate these forums (which are not mobile friendly) on mobile, and even harder to write a reply. The idea is to use Tapatalk to visit these forums. This way they wouldn't have to worry about the issue of forums not being mobile friendly, not having email notifications, etc... Everything would be much simpler. Even posting of pictures would be way simpler with Tapatalk, as one can make a screenshot with GoogleDrive, or OneDrive, or Dropbox, and then from Tapatalk (or mTalk which is its client) to easily post this picture (it would be really easy even to post it from another device).

I have made this suggestion at Heaven Games forums, and this is the thread which I have opened there.
Suggestion to bring your forums to Tapatalk

And bellow is my post quoted from there. I hope some of you will support my idea, it would be much easier for you to follow these forums if they introduced this, and perhaps it could even make Heaven Games forums more active. I mean - support by saying there you agree with me, or pointing this idea to somebody else who could have at least tiny chances to help us make this possible, like any moderator or any administrator. If you would like to hear anything more about Tapatalk, just ask.
Hi, guys! Before I start with anything, sorry for the long post, I just tried to give you as much information about suggestion as possible. Let me first introduce myself. I am EaglePrince, a relatively old member of Stronghold Heaven forum. I think I've been there since 2011. I am not here to advertise some product, and I only a user who knows about something which I think could help us - to make us visiting these forums easier, and to make these forums more active.

We all have noticed that Heaven Games are getting far less visits than they used to have, and frequently we used to come up with ideas which would help increase the number of visitors. One of them was enabling email notifications for these forums, but I remember some said it would be too much for the servers.

Now the times are even more different, and these email notifications are not enough, nor they are necessary. Luckily for us, I think!

I believe some of us are aware of Tapatalk. If you bring your forums to Tapatalk, and for that you would need to install a plugin on your forums, or something like that, then people would be able to visit your forums from your phones very easily. The sad thing about Heaven Games forums in general is that they are not mobile friendly. With Tapatalk they don't have to be mobile friendly, there are Android and iOS Tapatalk apps, so your visitor would only need to install it on their iOS or Android device, and they would be able to smoothly check what app on the forums from their couch. And it's not just about those two platforms, there is even a universal client for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile called mTalk. So, this would cover all Android devices, all iOS devices, all Windows 10 devices (PC's and tablets), and Windows 10 phones. It would be possible to make it work even on Windows Phone 8.1 phones.

You can have this example: just visit Windows Central forum. From desktop that's a real mess. But if one visits it with Tapatalk or mTalk (which are the same thing, only the app is different, but it's one things from forums administrators perspective), then it is much easier to read, reply, and it even has a feature to check if there have been any notifications every 30 minutes for example. Though this thing with notifications isn't necessary think.

I personally believe that what may be driving visitors from our great forums is Steam Discussions, as they are the simplest way for many to get their answers, because what matters to people is simplicity. They can ask their question right away from their game. But what you would offer to people with this would be simplicity too! One plays a game, they have a phone on their desk, he just jumps into Tapatalk, asks a question, and then moves on, only to later check for a reply. On the other hand, those of us who are more active visitors would way more easily and faster give the reply. It also spends little data too!

If you need any further information about this, please, do reply, and ask. I think this would be something easy to accomplish, and very helpful for the community.

For example, I, as member of Stronghold Heaven and Age of Empires 3 Heaven would only need to install Tapatalk or mTalk depending of which device I have, and search for Stronghold Heaven, add it, and login. And to the same for Age of Empires Heaven. You could perhaps bring Stronghold Heaven Downloads Section on Tapatalk too.

How do you like this idea?
posted 03-16-17 20:17 EST (US)     1298 / 1309  
What response did you get Eagle Prince?

Does anyone care if we make a new Recovery Room? Something with a spring theme in mind? Its decided to be winter again where I live and I wish it would just go back to nice warm days.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
posted 03-18-17 10:20 EST (US)     1299 / 1309  
Nobody has replied to my suggestion.

And certainly, a fresh name of the room would be great, it was pretty cold until few weeks, but warmer spring days are ahead of us. I don't have any suggestions though, I've never been good at those stuff.
posted 04-16-17 08:45 EST (US)     1300 / 1309  
Happy Easter, everybody!

Oh, which reminds me, the room is still "Winter Solstice Recovery Room".
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 51 52 53  Next Page »
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames