You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 53  Next Page »
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)   

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»
Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-29-15 11:59 EST (US)     1226 / 1309  
I agree, only I'm used to that "newer PC's work worse with older games" and that it is more likely that new PC has troubles with older games. That's just great, there is hope for us who like old games.
posted 06-03-15 16:07 EST (US)     1227 / 1309  
If PeterA bought a new computer the reason for the better looking graphics could simply be because of a better screen and/or a special coating on the screen.
I don't think the problem with graphics was the screen. The problem only appeared with AOE3. Other programs looked good. On the other hand, I think the graphics chip is better on my new laptop. (Yes, "chip". I can't afford those expensive gaming laptops. ).
posted 06-05-15 17:16 EST (US)     1228 / 1309  
Well, if Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader work on a laptop, then it meets my own minimum-minimum system requirements. It's great if it can run some other games, but those two are necessity.
posted 07-08-15 13:37 EST (US)     1229 / 1309  
So, these are damn hot days here in Europe... I am sure about Balkan region, though I have read that it's pretty much the same in rest of the Europe. How are other handing to survive this heat, it's definitely easier to handle it in Crusader (1 or 2, doesn't matter)?
posted 07-20-15 23:39 EST (US)     1230 / 1309  
It's been pretty hot and humid here lately. I'd rather deal with the cold, especially when I'm trying to sleep.
posted 07-21-15 08:28 EST (US)     1231 / 1309  
Well, yes, when it's called - we can warm ourselves, but when it is this hot - we cannot jump out of our own skin. On the other hand, I live in a house, so a small pool in the yard helps us handle the heat more easily.
posted 07-26-15 10:20 EST (US)     1232 / 1309  
Hello, how is everyone doing?

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
posted 07-26-15 10:44 EST (US)     1233 / 1309  
Not bad here! We had a little rain over here so it's not as hot as it was several days ago. ...and studying a lot.
posted 07-27-15 18:17 EST (US)     1234 / 1309  
Doing well. Just started playing Ingress a few days ago.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
posted 08-10-15 20:42 EST (US)     1235 / 1309  
Ingress is an interesting concept for a game. It makes me wonder what will happen once VR catches on...

\\//\\//
°ºº°
posted 08-12-15 07:11 EST (US)     1236 / 1309  
Great to see you again Sir Hugh! We all missed you. How have you been.

Greetings to everyone else!

'.___________'-._______________.-'__________.'
.--.________.-~"^'~-.____'~-.-~+¤=≡↵-._◊¤†¤◊_.-↵≡=¤+~-.-~'____.-~'^"~-.________.--.
.-________'.__'.____.-~"'_________"'~-._..-~¤+¤=↵≡+-.._◊Ĭ◊_..-+≡↵=¤+¤~-.._.-~'"_________"'~-.____.'__.'________-.
'._.-'^'-._ __'-._.-~"_"Ï'~.-=¤◊↵Dark Water.wip↵=¤~-¤._◊_.¤-~¤=↵Skirmish Masters↵◊¤=-.~'Ï"_"~-._.-'___.-'^'-._.'
posted 11-07-15 12:53 EST (US)     1237 / 1309  
Hi folks
How are you all?

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Léugìm Campaign Contribute a Review
posted 11-07-15 17:18 EST (US)     1238 / 1309  
Having fun playing The Witcher 3
What are you up to?

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 11-07-2015 @ 05:19 PM).]

posted 11-08-15 02:04 EST (US)     1239 / 1309  
Working, studying, and spending some time with Empire Earth. I had passed the campaign years ago, although I deleted those once by accident - I was uninstalling the game and I wasn't asked if I wanted to keep save game files. ...so those were lost and now I am winning those again - I am one mission away from winning the second campaign, and there are four of them. Still, each mission doesn't require much time to pass, it's always about few battles or few stuff the player needs to do.

It is an interesting game, it's from 2001, and it's still better than many new games, including Empire Earth 2 and Empire Earth 3 - at least in my opinion.

Did anyone else play this game?
posted 11-08-15 10:37 EST (US)     1240 / 1309  
I've played it before. But only once or twice, back in 2003 I think. Back then, I was in a Runescape phase lol. Never really did anything else but played that.
As far as games go today, I haven't been able to play a lot, but whenever I do, I go back to Age of Empires and Age of Kings and set myself up against the AI. It takes me a few days to finish games since I wind up having to do something else fairly soon.
posted 11-10-15 02:38 EST (US)     1241 / 1309  
Hello, and thanks I'm fine on the whole.
The most beautiful thing which I got to do and can tell you about, is living with nature.
Last weekend, a brother-in-law and I went out for a day's hike in the nearby hillside. Intense autumn colours, varied vegetation.
And a month ago, I got the leasehold of a vegetable garden, about 60 m2 in size ... and full of weeds that have not been fully cleared, yet.

As for gaming, some worlds in SHKingdoms is what I remember last (South-America 1, Germany 3). Well, lots of time spent, people met and partly become acquainted with, tasks.
It's long been over now for the sake of real life.

EmpireEarth, I remember well. Wasn't it unique, then, for its 3D-image and zooming, as well as the large number of troops possible in multi-player? Exciting gameplay. And I loved how detailled and mimetic the landscapes of the campaign maps were made. They really loved what they created.

May you have a good day.

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
posted 11-10-15 09:13 EST (US)     1242 / 1309  
Hi missed everyone, real life to a bite out me. Health issues with my parents have kept me away. Real life issues with my kids too. Not sure when it will slow down.

But nice to see current posts in here.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
posted 11-10-15 16:31 EST (US)     1243 / 1309  
EmpireEarth, I remember well. Wasn't it unique, then, for its 3D-image and zooming, as well as the large number of troops possible in multi-player? Exciting gameplay. And I loved how detailled and mimetic the landscapes of the campaign maps were made. They really loved what they created.
That's right! In singleplayer one is able to put up to 1200 units limit for all players combined which is indeed a lot of troops considering the gameplay. I mostly can stick to 18+18+12+20+20 workers (gold+iron+stone+food+wood) depending of my total population limit, and considering the fact that cannons and tanks take population capacity of two - not of five like in Age of Empires... So yes, those battles can be really epic!

Regarding landscape, for a game from 2001 it is amazing - there are not as much details as in Stronghold 1 but mountains, hills and seas are awesome - even better than in many newer games. Especially the sea!

Speaking about multiplayer, although it is great when you everybody builds up his/her economy, the game is pretty slow before everyone makes his economy running, so everyone now plays in fastest game speed, which I didn't like at first - I like playing those patient games, but I understand why others don't agree with me. Even I, although I would be able to play for several hours with guys I know (from here or in "real life"), but it would work harder with some random dudes.

I wish everything gets well with your parents, Lady Arcola. (sorry if I should have told it another way, I'm not handling English so well when I want to say something like that.)

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 11-10-2015 @ 04:36 PM).]

posted 12-23-15 17:09 EST (US)     1244 / 1309  
No snowflakes this year?

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
posted 12-23-15 17:59 EST (US)     1245 / 1309  
You know, Global Warming.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 12-23-15 18:43 EST (US)     1246 / 1309  
posted 12-27-15 17:53 EST (US)     1247 / 1309  
Good wishes
to everyone who passes by here "between the years".

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
posted 12-28-15 07:19 EST (US)     1248 / 1309  
Hi All

Good Cheer to you too Peter

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Léugìm Campaign Contribute a Review
posted 12-28-15 11:00 EST (US)     1249 / 1309  
I'm glad everyone is doing well. Things are staying pretty busy for me here as well.

With the El Nino, there hasn't been any snow. I can add them, if everyone would like.

\\//\\//
°ºº°
posted 01-09-16 05:44 EST (US)     1250 / 1309  
Well, we had some snow here on Balkan, too bad I didn't take any picture to share it with you guys. By now it has almost completely melted. It fell soon after the New Year. Kids had just started making real snowmen different from the one I posted above.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 01-09-2016 @ 05:45 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 53  Next Page »
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames