Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A MATTER OF CONSEQUENCE - Discussion Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
posted 11-16-03 19:39 EST (US)   

A MATTER OF CONSEQUENCE

DISCUSSION THREAD

Writers and readers: Feel free to discuss any aspect of A MATTER OF CONSEQUENCE in this thread. Please post only story episodes in the story thread. Thank you.

Oh, BTW, here is a link to the Story Thread itself.

All members are welcome to join this writing team.

RESEARCH LINKS

Character names:
Germanic names in the Low Lands before 1150
Miscellaneous Medieval Name Articles
Anglo-Saxon and Germanic names
Merovingian Names

Geography/Cities/Places:
Nijmegen
Friesland
Modern Map of the Liege-Stavelot area
Clickable Map of Friesland Historical Shires
Castles Found in the Netherlands
More Friesland Maps and History

Historical Figures:
Charlemagne
St. Boniface.

Historical Periods:
Carolingian France

SPECIAL LINKS

Copyright Law

TERMS DEFINED

These terms refer to abbey prayer services and their times:
Mantins = Midnight
Lauds = 3am or sunrise
Prime = 6am
Terce = 9am
Sext = Noon
None = 3pm
Vespers = 6pm or sunset
Compline = 9 pm or dark (Thanks TealWanderERII)

[This message has been edited by Civis Romanus (edited 02-09-2005 @ 04:34 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-02-04 00:08 EST (US)     126 / 237  

Quote:

LADY A: If you're ready, I'd like you to make the next post - the discovery of the widow, etc

No problem I will follow that exelent lead in, very nice post, Sire. Today was my 40th birthday, so I did not get to the story. Hopefully tomorrow.

«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»
Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
posted 09-02-04 20:33 EST (US)     127 / 237  
Whenever you're ready is fine with me.
posted 09-22-04 17:17 EST (US)     128 / 237  
I will give some input tonite or tomorrow Civis. I'm forever chasing that free minute or two when I can compose something sensible, and not be pulled away.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

posted 10-03-04 01:39 EST (US)     129 / 237  
These are proving to be a good read Civis.
http://www.bulfinch.org/legends/search.html
http://www.bulfinch.org/legends/welcome.html

Seraph Lady Arcola

posted 02-03-05 02:53 EST (US)     130 / 237  

Quote:

Consider yourself sprinkled with fresh water, garden flower.

just had to pull that down here again, it brings a smile every time I read it.

Nice lead in Civis, I was thinking Rosamund could cause Ludiger to be suspect that he is not Frisian, are you ok with that?[q][/q]

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 02-03-2005 @ 02:56 AM).]

posted 02-03-05 10:55 EST (US)     131 / 237  
That's fine. Go with your instincts. Liudger is supposed to have trouble of some kind in the village which Aldric will be called upon to defuse some way.
posted 02-07-05 15:23 EST (US)     132 / 237  
Lady Arcola: Are you making the next story post or am I?
posted 02-07-05 15:55 EST (US)     133 / 237  
I am Civis. I posted in the Inn this morning what the problem was.

Seraph Lady Arcola

posted 02-07-05 19:48 EST (US)     134 / 237  
Oh, okay. I'll wait for you unless you say otherwise.
posted 02-10-05 11:46 EST (US)     135 / 237  
Posted my post, I never seem to be able to write as much as you do, it looks big till I take it off my word sheet and paste it into the fourm editor. LOL guess I need lots more practice.

Seraph Lady Arcola

posted 06-01-05 10:02 EST (US)     136 / 237  
You guys are professionals at these story threads. I've tried them in HG main, but always failed miserably. Here I see true masters at work. Any chance of taking on a young but eager apprentice for the next story you fine people write?

Edit: I feel stupid - I just saw that this thread's last post was in Febuary. Forgive my lack of common sense.

Don't question authority - it doesn't know either.

~Viva la Tour!~

[This message has been edited by TK_VanBraun (edited 06-01-2005 @ 10:06 AM).]

posted 06-01-05 11:02 EST (US)     137 / 237  
You can join in on this story if you'd like to. It's open to all forumers. Give the story a read and let us know.
posted 06-01-05 11:58 EST (US)     138 / 237  
I am awed by the invitation to write in such august company. I hope that I might not disappoint you.

Don't question authority - it doesn't know either.

~Viva la Tour!~
posted 06-01-05 12:34 EST (US)     139 / 237  
We speed on to Dokkum,Civis .

Hi TK_VanBraun nice to see someone post in this thread that is reading. Welcome. Don't be put off by the Feb. date we just had some things that kept us from writing. BTW Civis in the master writer, I just humbly follow as a novice.

This story is set in a hard era to write on, but don't be put off. To help your writing, check out any thing you can on Charlemagne, durring the dates of the story. Clothing, weapons and general information of the time help too.
I do all my post in a word doc before I post, so I don't have spelling errors and it gives me a chance to read what I write.

Seraph Lady Arcola

posted 06-02-05 20:01 EST (US)     140 / 237  
Noted, Lady Arcola. Are you posting next?
posted 06-03-05 06:03 EST (US)     141 / 237  
My nights and days are flipped around Civis, but yes it is there now. It always looks longer in word.
What should we be working towards with the charaters of the story?
One of the milling around soldiers could recognise or thinks he does the women? Should we post up some ideas here, so we have a frame work for writing the ending?

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 06-03-2005 @ 06:22 PM).]

posted 06-20-05 21:31 EST (US)     142 / 237  
Chach7776: I have moved your post over here. The story you posted in can only be posted in by the participants. Thanks so much. In case you were starting a story also, I saved your post so you can start a thread with it.
Just copy it, click the New topic icon and it will set you up to post it again as your own story.

A ARMY OF A COUNTRY.AN ENEMY OF A NATION.
Once upon a time A Duke/crusader bore four 4 children.Hamin,Bory,Dangvat,Sigon.Each of the children had their specialties, Hamin was an owner of an Inn,Dangvat was a blacksmisth infact the best one in all the town,Sigon was a spearmen a very powerful spearmen at that.Bory diden't work he diden't even move he just stood at the campfire doing nothing but watching people go by about their buisness serving the Duke.The Duke was pruod of all his children but Bory.The Duke despised how much Bory lagged around doing nothing.Until one day Bory saw a couple of men carrying huge axes and behind them came even more men with axes and behing all these men was a big catapult a really big catapult.When Bory saw this all he went to tell his father expecting his father to look excited his father ran all the way up to the roof of the keep.Sorry guys I'm getting bored see ya I'll come back with more.

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 06-20-2005 @ 09:51 PM).]

posted 06-21-05 19:20 EST (US)     143 / 237  
Thanks, Lady A. Edit completed. New episode posted.
posted 06-25-05 01:50 EST (US)     144 / 237  
Thanks Civis that was a was just the jog I needed. Look for it by tomorrow or Sunday nite, .

Seraph Lady Arcola

posted 06-25-05 02:10 EST (US)     145 / 237  
Okay you cang et rid of that story post you made right there I already got it coverd.
posted 06-25-05 12:59 EST (US)     146 / 237  
Chach7776 if you are talking about the current story please do not post in there. We are at the very end it, a new one may start again. You may post in here if you want information on how to do these storys, and to give feed back on A MATTER OF CONSEQUENCE.

If your talking about your post I moved in here, it is ok if it stays in this thread. Your story is posted as a topic and will be where people look for your story. You also can start your own discussion thread for your story, so people have a place to post feedback for you. Enjoy writing, Thanks Lady Arcola.

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 06-25-2005 @ 09:19 PM).]

posted 06-30-05 11:29 EST (US)     147 / 237  
Lady A: Do you have a post coming or should I go forward?

[This message has been edited by Civis Romanus (edited 06-30-2005 @ 11:29 AM).]

posted 06-30-05 16:33 EST (US)     148 / 237  
You read my mind lol check your email.

Seraph Lady Arcola

posted 08-01-05 22:01 EST (US)     149 / 237  
Lady A: I'm punting the "morning meal" encounter to you. Have fun.

Meanwhile, I'll do a Ratbodo/Hathowulf parallel piece to set up the next part of the adventure. Then we can alternate.

posted 08-02-05 16:25 EST (US)     150 / 237  

Quote:

Lady A: I'm punting the "morning meal" encounter to you. Have fun

Nicley punted, thank you.

Seraph Lady Arcola

« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » A MATTER OF CONSEQUENCE - Discussion Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames