Orc Caves v2

Author File Description
Bismuth
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
**The Story**

"Sire, I do not like the looks of these mountains, they seem threatening!"

"Yea and verily scribe, you judge rightly. These mountains are infested with Bandits! ORC Bandits! Evil, wicked, mean, bad and nasty Orc Bandits! Orc Bandits that have bad breath and don't brush their teeth!"

For more than five generations of men, these Orcs have infested the Northern Mountains. Swarming from their nests in the rocks and dark places they stage fearful attacks on the peaceful woodcutters and herdsmen living nearby.

**Your Mission**

The King has ordered an end to this plague on his people. You are commanded to establish your forces on the banks of the Dlohgnorts River. Strengthen yourself there and root out all the Orcs from the surrounding mountains. Some will attack you in your stronghold, some you must hunt down and destroy.

If you delay too long the Orcs will gather and wax strong and then, have fear, even your stronghold will not prevail against them.

**Notes**

Setting up the map to look like a skull and still be fully playable was an enjoyable challenge. This was intended to be a fun scenario to play and the first versions were not hard to beat. However based on the very helpful reviews I received on the earlier version I have made this current version quite a bit harder.

Be warned! You will not have an easy time exterminating the Orcs from their from their mountain nests.

If you fail in your mission and the Orcs mass for a final assault, the scribe becomes so frantic with fear that, by mistake, he shouts out "The Pig's Troops are attacking!" instead of, "The horrible ugly Orcs are attacking!" Please just remember that he is really talking about Orcs.

I hope you enjoy "Orc Caves." I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. I invite those who gave earlier reviews to have another look and update their comments.

Enjoy the Battle!

Bismuth - johnregstuff@hotmail.com
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Dianna125 I found this map to be enjoyable on the whole. The map design was great! It must have been really difficult to make that shape, and I give you a thumbs up for that. A really interesting idea - with the bandits on the map throughout the mission. While I was able to beat this on the first try, I still enjoyed the challenge of balancing my economy. Maybe it could be made a bit more challenging by having some other troop types invade the map? That may alter your story line though. I did find that setting up my economy was more challenging than the actual invading.
Dianna
Bismuth
File Author
Thank you for the helpful feedback. I have updated the scenario (24 Oct 2003) to make it harder to win. Also the Orcs are now represented by crossbowmen as well as macemen.
Baron Geoffrey Yee Haa! Loved the map! Just the skull design picture alone is worth downloading the game. While I didn't beat it the first time like Dianna, (I think I waited too long to attck the orcs.), I thought it was challenging enough even without the possibility of an extra attack here and there. The mission was seriously addicting with hidden orcs scattered around and an economy which was very workable, but still serious business. After the first time I played it, I couldn't wait to get back to it to try again. There are actually a number of ways to go about successfully winning and that makes the whole map a great deal of fun. Thanks Bismuth.
NAT I have finally changed my review of Orc Caves having played version 2. I think it is good enough for 4.2 and thus it has been awarded. Although there is a little more story I thinka four stays. Overall good work and we will eb looking out for more maps in the future. I will hapily look at your up and coming Minis Tirith map.

There are very few invasions I play for pleasure and enjoyment all the way through - I normally prefer sieges but this map is an exception. It's a greta map, a really innovative idea and well produced by the author. The map is perfectly playable. It is quite hard to build up a full thriving economy but you have enough time to do it and once it is fully operational the map becomes easier. however now having played version 2 I think the map is suitably harder adn deserves a 5! Well done. The map is quite hard but gets easy when your economy is strong enough to buy a lot of weapons -I used macemen on the whole. The map was very creative and I almost awarded it a five so a strong four. I have never seen anything like this before although I have thought about a cave idea before.The map design was nice - well structured with the orc caves in the mountains. A good free amount of trees also gives a good effect. For story and instructions I had to give you a four for simply such a good idea. Slightly small storyline though - could be easily lengthened. Overall a good fun map - an invasion amp that will keep you entertained and challenged. Good Stuff!
Bismuth
File Author
Thank you all for three intelligent ratings full of positive comments and good constructive criticism. I'm working on a new and improved Orc Caves. It will be harder! And the intro story will be more interesting! - Bismuth
NAT Bismuth, would you like me to change my review of this map
due to it being updated.
Bismuth
File Author
Yes, I welcome updates and new reviews. Thanks!
NAT I have updated my review to 4.2 - don't think it makes much difference but it is deserved - Good Work!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,498
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:860.55 KB
Added:10/05/03