Stronghold: Economic Scenarios » Last Hope island

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Last Hope island

Author File Description
Best Willis
File Details
Map Size: 160x160 (Tiny)
Difficulty: Impossible
BRIEF STORY : There is no story of your life. Your are just an outlaw living on the sea with a very few faithfull men. One day, Boris Kalivoda captured your ship and whole crew and disembarked you on a small uninhabited island. Everything seems to be lost, but you stole a little pergamen while you was a prisoner in his cab. Now you found out, that there is a gold hidden on the island. Will you survive? And will you be gone till Kalivodas return? /READ THE WHOLE STORY IN the GAME/
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
NAT
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
I was a little dubious about playing this map when I first took a look at it but it is one of the best balanced maps I have every played! It was so close - it is 1079 (one year from he end and the victory bar is scrlling across at the top - thieves have stolen food from the granary! - food supplies down to 87! - to get enough wod I had to destroy all non-essential buildings including my bakeries. I could only wait untill the time was up - half a minute later. Food production was easy - wood and iron slowed me down the most. The bst event you used were the wolves attacking. My lord who had killed so many was on red health now had the prospect of taking on another 5. I quickly destroyoed a wheat farm, built a barracks and recruted 5 archers - this obviousley set me back a long way as I had to get new fletchers workshops. So I would say that this is a very playable and extremely well balanced map - just beacuse you are nearly there with five years to go does not mean you will necessarily get there as I discovered! The island is not too well designed - very undulating and not quite realistic, a high 3 though as there is some nice work with rocks around the coastline. Creativity - very good use of events, actually enough for a 4 so well done here. Perhaps you could have made the island itself more creative. One quick thing - there was good use of limiting trees - makes the map so much harder when you have to plan what you are going to do wit every little bit of wood! Quite good storyline and instructions - not a huge amount on the site, averge I would say but a nice idea. Overall quite suprisingly one of the best eco maps I have played! Good work!
peter2008 This scenario made me sweaz - now I recognize the "impossible" rating. First I wanted to proceed very carefully saving as many of the single trees as possible. But the different bad event overran me. Quite literally, the wolves did so.
However, placing buildings in panic does not work either. It's a PYOK where you struggle for tiles. On the hard level (did not make it beyond it), you must relocate the stockpile to add a second part. One needs archers to protect the Lord ("Last Hitpoint island"). And thus, a huge barracks takes up valuable space.
Found the iron request too high, you have to wait along time, fraught with tension, until the final bars come in.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0