Download File Post Review Post Comment

Amsbach

Author File Description
MrTrial
File Details
Map Size: 200x200 (Small)
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:
Here you will have the chance to build up a nice castle though beeing faced small and large enemy groups.
Prepare for the final battle!
ENJOY!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Bismuth
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
After some of the fairly difficult scenarios I have played recently, this one was a relaxing change. In “Amsbach” you start from scratch, placing your keep and granary on a fairly open map. You find a good supply of trees, some game for the hunters, grassland for crops and, looking ahead, stone and iron nearby. One initial challenge is that you have zero gold and only a small amount of wood and food.

The terrain is mostly low land with some raised areas here and there and a small stream. Not a lot of special detail but trees, plants and some rocks are used.

There are a few small invasions leading up to the final one at the end which included a few pieces of siege equipment. However the map was so conducive to development that I had no trouble dealing with the invasions when they came - except for the very first one where the enemy came close to killing the lord. By the end I was cranking out crossbowmen and macemen to spare and arming my towers with ballista.

I kept expecting to be hit with plague or fires or whatever but there were no events scripted in.

“Mr Trial” has made a nice scenario which would be a good challenge and good practice for a newer Stronghold player. I did enjoy playing but the challenge for me was not so much survival but just to see how much I could develop before the end of the game. It takes approximately 23 game years to complete.

The story is quite short on the description page. The story in the game itself is in German so I could not read it!

I would suggest, for future maps of this type, the some events be included and that the invasion be made somewhat larger.

Thanks for the game. I hope to see more of your maps on Stronghold Heaven in the future.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0