File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
Made with version: 1
Minimap:
Ruins of Drakensberg - the Dragon Castle

Shipwreck!

***The Story***

Survivors include, in addition to you, a handful military units, a few engineers and monks and 14 of the ship's crew. From the sinking wreck you manage to retrieve only meager food supplies and a few carpentry tools and weapons.

Searching for food and shelter, you follow a small watercourse inland only to discover the ruins of a great grim and mysterious castle. You also stumble across a guard house whose occupants open fire on you without waiting to ask questions. As the alarm is raised, you flee to the ruins and must defend yourself against increasingly strong attacks while you hold on to the hope that your countrymen in the other ships will locate and rescue you.

***Brief Notes***

This scenario was developed from the map I created for the siege, "Drakensberg - the Dragon Mountains." But it plays quite a bit differently. It should take approximately 10 game years to complete.

Please see the full notes and hints included in the download file

Your comments and reviews are always appreciated!

Bismuth
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
bloodhoof
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability 5
Very interesting to play map, you have only few troops and few resources and you must survive long time and many enemies. Talking rudely you must squeeze a wax from a sh**. I enjoyed playing this map.

Balance 5
Very well balanced and hard to play, I only won it from eighth time on normal (then I noticed the wooden wall is available to build). But if you will place wooden wall at the beginning in the gaps between the walls the enemy will destroy all your farms and woodcutter’s huts (if they are not in castle)

Creativity 5
Very creative dragon shaped mountain and idea about the curse.

Map Design 3
The map is nice, however I think there should be more stones, rocks, etc, on the mountain.

Story/Instructions 4
Instructions were great and story was very interesting.

Very enjoyable map!
Blue Ghost A beautifully done castle, but I've always found it very difficult. In fact I've never won this one, though I've come close from time to time. Still, I've found it very enjoyable in spite of not achieving victory.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0