Author File Description
Lord Arthus
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:
4 Unexpected Return

Author and designer: Lord Arthus

Since the victory against General Torlack you have taken it easy. Farmers have started growing orchards and the mothers don’t need to worry about their children playing outside. Things are finally going your way and you have named this castle as the capital of your settlements. The stone walls are stronger and more resistant to the ever changing weather and it makes a welcome change to wooden walls as they don’t rot or loose their shape. Your troops however did what they had to. To take the castle they unfortunately left it in bad shape. The outer walls have crumbled under the catapults boulders and the moat has not been maintained.
You have ordered miners to quarry stone and farmers to stock up for winter. The repair work has begun but as the Rat seems to be no threat in the coming month you have told the villagers to take it easy.
Sir Longarm is teaching the Militia one handed weaponry skills and the archers how to use crossbows. If successful your army will reach 700 within the month and will be enough to not only take back England but to invade France!

The days grew shorter and several days later the news came from your spies.

Full story in zipfile.
This is the 4th stage of my campaign, I hope you enjoy playing it,

Lord Arthus.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Satanic Cowboy
(id: Octavius Maximus)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 3
The map plays flawlessly, with no glitches. However, it is just too short.

Balance: 4
The direct opening to the keep, and the lack of time to marshal forces due to the quickness of invasions makes this map a little more unbalanced than it should be.

Creativity: 2
This is just an overlay of the map from part 3 with some minor changes, so i really can't give a higher score, since it is linked by being part of the same series. A better way to do this would have been to use a scede scenario, combining the two maps into one.

Map Design: 5
I won't punish this score for being a copy of the previous map.

Story/Instructions: 5
Good storyline, in-map story, and minimap.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity2.0