Stronghold: Invasions » Valley of the Kings

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Valley of the Kings

Author File Description
adolphism
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Hard
A scenario for the creative mind. You must build a fortress and defend it against armies of every enemy. Ample room to build and expand, but be careful not to overextend yourself.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Best Willis
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: I was really happy to play a map, where I have to begin at zero. Normally Im given a castle with thousands of archers and all I can do is to watch them killin tha enemy. But this time it was different. Even though, you should add some more invasions, because I had enough time to build up a strong unbeatable army. I think it would be good to disable some buildings in this scenario: especially market place.

Balance: This was the best element of your game. Maybe it depends on where you decide to build your castle, but I think balance is great.

Creativity: It is a classic stronghold map with only a few events in the game (I think some travelling fairs). You should add some more events, especially, when the time between separate invasions is so long.

Map Design: Only 3 here, sorry. I really know that is hard to make a good looking map, when it is so large, but if you try to add some rocks, hills, improve the vegetation and river objects (fords as well), it should be 4 or 5 next time. I see, you know how to use EQUALIZE TOOL, but you only did this on the highest points. If you try to use it mounds, it would be much better.

Story/Instructions: Well, there was no story, just a simple command, but I think it would be rather tiresome. Thats why 2.

I liked this scenario and I believe, that next time you will do even better work.
ericgolf
Staff
I agree with Willis. It is a great fun map to play. I had a ball digging moats, puting up towers and siting gates and drawbridges. A refreshing change from the sort of scenario where the designer has tried to eliminate all the oportunities for a good defense so that the player will have to toil. I rather liked the reduced use of the equalise tool. It made the choke points fairly easy to spot. I really enjoyed this. Well done to the author!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0