Download File Post Review Post Comment

Channel Island

Author File Description
BobHolroyd
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:
An economic challenge as well, but achievable if the keep is sited well enough.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Merepatra
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability - 4 - This map started out challenging, the design of it was such that working out the best place for things was tricky. Then trying to balance getting the necessary industries/food etc going while wolves were killing my people (and in my first attempt my Lord!) was definitely work, though fun. Once the wolves were subdued though it became much easier, and started to get boring.

Balance - 3 - The couple of bandit attacks gave me no real problems and I won at Hard before the real invasion occured so I found the mission far too easy in the later stages. Popularity was much too easy to keep at very high levels also.

Creativity - 3 - Nothing stood out as being creative.

Map Design - 4 - Attractive map, I liked how the layout made me think about where to place things.

Story/Instructions - 3 - A basic story which had no problems but wasn't particularly inspiring.

ericgolf
Staff
A great fun Place Your Own Keep (PYOK) map. Plenty of choice in keep placement. Nice resource placement. The terrain made for interesting decisions on where to lay out your fortifications, I won second time on Hard. (I got keep placement wrong first time around as I had hoped for moat being available - it isn't).

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0