Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1
Minimap:
Celtic lands

Version 1.0

Win conition:
Achieve Population: 118

(Sounds easy, doesn't it)

Note: This map IS playable on all difficulty setings. According to my calculations it is possible to finish it on very hard but i don't recommend playing on that. ( Me myself have only finished it on Normal)

The Celts saw sanctity in every rock, tree and blade of grass and the presence of deities or nature spirits dwelling therein. So any and every place in Druidic tradition can become one of worship, not just particular groves or stone circles. But unfortunatly the King wants you to grow a large settelment right on a piece of land that the king has just captured that used to belong to Celtish druids. Here the celts have sacrificed there goats and performed there heathen rituals. One attempt on constructing a settelment on this ancient druidic holy site has failed. For some reason all attempts on producing food has proven fruitless. The locals are up in arms saying that you are tampering with powers beyond your control. Nevertheless the king demands a large settelment should be built on this strategically important site.

If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints please e-mail me at

(lukas@vikonline.org)

Or feel free to leave any comments or reviews on the site.

Happy Gaming - Arn de Gothia
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
CryptsOfTheDead
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity1.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions1.0
I know this map is quite a few years old, but since no one reviewed it, I decided to. Sorry for the LOW score. Please read...

Playability: 1

I'm not sure if the author meant this to happen or not; I hope not, for it's basically unplayable. This map is a version of the Stronghold Eco Map, "Calanais." A very TOUGH map!

This verion of the map started out very well, and I was actually enjoying it until like the 6th bandit attack, and then all hell broke lose...

Multiple plague and fires swept through the castle, and mind you, you are NOT allowed to build wells or apothecaries. It was a mess!

Furthermore, (and at the same time as the plague and fires began), bandits attacked continously in LARGE numbers, and I was quickly overwhelmed. I was also getting multiple reports of woodcutter drought.

A shame, for the map had MUCH potential.

Balance: 1

READ ABOVE.

Creativity: 1

READ ABOVE.

Map Design: 4

The map design was the best thing. Very well constructed, where I was able to enclose the keep quite nicely.

Story/Instructions: 1

Sorry to say, the story and instructions were nothing more than a copy and paste of the map "Calanais."

Additional Comments:

As I said previously, the map had MUCH potential, but is unplayable as is. Perhaps the author will return one day and fix it. I liked it.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity1.0