Author File Description
Rockpile
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
Made with version: 1.1
Minimap:
The King has asked you to go to Oberhill Dell along the
Oberhill River to set up a Keep as a supply post.
The fertile grasslands and other resources should prove to
be adequate to fulfill his objectives.
The area is still a wild place, inhabted by theives and
bandits alike,so take heed in your mission!
This map can be played from easy to very hard.I suggest
Normal first.
Good Luck! Rockpile
P.S. Please rate my maps,as this will help in future projects.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
LordDresden
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
This is a fair economic map with some challenges for the player.

I found the map to be easy to play through with only a few things that I would consider annoying. The rabbits were a little on the extreme side but really did not pose to much of a problem with proper layout of my castle grounds.

The bandit raids were not to much of a threat as they had to travel a long distance to get to my castle. I did not reward any extra points for the balance of the map because I really felt that some of the events were not timed properly. This is only an opinion, but I felt at some points during the mission, wave after wave of events become a little annoying and I felt they could have been spread out a bit more for good effect.

Also, reaching the end of the mission I found myself just waiting around to fulfill the final couple of goals.

Although the events may not have been set up for optimum play, I did enjoy the creativity of the story and map design. I think a few more hills and a little less farm suitable land would make this a much more challenging scenario. All in all it was fun.

The story was also fair and I would consider playing this map at hard next go.
Merepatra
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability - 3 - This map was reasonably fun to play in parts but I felt it lacked challenge. I was able to place my keep so that getting the required resources/food was very very simple, ie right next to both the iron ore and stone quarries and with farmland all around, and was able to meet all the objectives at hard very quickly. The bandit attacks had no effect on the mission as the signposts were all so far away the bandits never reached my keep area.

Balance - 3 - Only moderately challenging, was able to win on the first attempt.

Creativity - 3 - There were no unusual creative elements to this scenario.

Map Design - 3 - The map was attractive but nothing particularly stood out about it.

Story/Instructions - The story was good but had a number of spelling errors.
Dianna125
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
This was an okay map to play. But once everything was set up, you kinda just chilled and kept an eye on things. I thought that there could have been more bandits during each wave of attack, and that the signposts could have been closer to the main castle. Overall, this was a descent map with many goals to complete.
peter2008 A PYOK castle builder with some obstacles added.
Fire occurs not seldom. Had many wells which helps to get people employed.
No restrictions at the market and for buildings, unless one: no chapels. You have to plaster the flat areas with enormous churches.
A mission still easy on very hard.

PS. The numerous herds of animals on the map aren't all deer. Many of them are rabbits.

[Edited on 03/25/09 @ 05:40 AM]

ericgolf
Staff
I was passing by and noticed there was no minimap. So I took the liberty of adding the minimap. In the process I had to guess that the version used was v1.1 (the update form insists that the version is now added)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.7
Balance3.0
Creativity3.3