Empire

Author File Description
Yoda48
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Hard
Minimap:
Story

Fighting has been going on forever in the Italian states. You have purchased some land by a river. pretty soon people started showing up offering there services. They came to you to flee the wars in the states but they didnt think they braught the war with them.....

In this mission you have to survive along time. You have to endure hardships such as invasions, wolf attacks, fires, and even the BLACK DEATH!! Build your empire anyway you like. Build it or die trying.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Yoda48
File Author
Also i forgot to mention, Save up your resorces because you will need all you can get when the black death hits. Thats all im giving away on THE BLACK DEATH.

Also A REVIEW WOULD BE GOOD. = )

Improving The Map:
Feel free to give me some ideas on this map so i can make it better. = )

[Edited on 02/20/06 @ 06:37 PM]

Darkslave Master hm ideas on the map eh...maybe you can try using diffirent sizes of equalizers and making your mountains some bigger and more natural looking, not like big spots on the face of earth, i used to do this to in the biginning but when you use strange shaped mountains and some more variated slopes it just looks so much better, there are many maps around here wich give you an idea of what to do, i cannot recommend any but be sure to look through the many pages of invasions/sieges/free builds and economic maps.
look for one with not to high level landscaping(like WL_D team maps have) and not to low either(things much like your map), seek something in between and look carfully at the landscape

Remember: copying styles is all right, as long as you make the landscape wich uses the style yourself

DS_M
IronFists just started the map but i think one improvment would be adding some deer fpr hunting
Yoda48
File Author
Dark slave master- I never had mountains on this map they are only hills. But thx for the idea.

Ironfist- Good idea i will update this map soon

[Edited on 02/25/06 @ 06:02 PM]

King Bret Popo
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 3
This was a playable map

Balance: 3
Hmm, hard to say... With the trees right next to you in the begining (If you place your keep on the hill) you have easy access to trees, which is nice but makes the early game relativly easy.

If you place your keep next to the Iron and Rock then the map become very easy. Even so, I placed my keep on the hill but by the games middleI had a never ending line of income from the stone and iron.

Creativity: 4
It's so so... Maybe a bit more detail, but as I like to say "Sometime less detail is best"

Map Design: 2
It works.

Story/Instructions: 5
You got something so you get a five.

Additional Comments:
-There was only ever one fire! Which some how gliched and never started.

-The game donsn't end

-There was never a black death

-The attacks were very very easy to defeat (for me)

-The final attack... WHAT HAPPENED!!! THE FINAL ATTACK WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A FEW MEN OF THE RAT!

More play testing next time.

[Edited on 03/15/06 @ 09:43 PM]

kodakeasyshare lol there was no black death.
CD_Burner maybe he ment the wolf since their armour color is black but i dunno

i figured it would be the plauge
Yoda48
File Author
I will answer all questions

the black death it was suppose to be the plague. hmmm i have play tested it and everything went good i dont no how it glitched, but anyway i will probably update this and play test it.

kingbret popo tell me how to make the backround and environment look better. for me i think it looked great with all the detail on the river and the forests but anyway back your rating up.

[Edited on 03/25/06 @ 05:27 PM]

King Bret Popo Well I can't really tell you... How to put it into words...

It's just sorta plain in some areas that’s all. Everything else looks great.

It's not necessarily bad, sometime a little is a lot. Maybe in the open areas with only oasis, add some debris, (grass, dirt, rocks, you get where I'm goin).

When I played, the game never ended. The fire glitched, there was never a black death EVER, and the attacks were weak.

There could be a little more time before the first attack… Even though I had no problem with it. The next attacks should be bigger and progressively harder. In addition, the final attack should be full of siege equipment and men… not a few men of the Rat.

This could be better if it was longer and with more attacks and toward the end harder attacks more often.

In addition, the bridges are cool… but… they are stone and can be deleted for stone, which can be sold. With the bridges deleted I filled up the remaining grass with some pitch and killing pits, maybe crossable river stone (whatever) is a better idea here… your choice.

Even though I put down pitch and killing pits, the archers I had in the area to set off the pitch were normally killed before the pitch was set off… Or I forgot to set off the pitch. Either case it was relatively easy, but can be better.
IronFists
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 3
It was playable
Balance: 3
The balence of the map was good.