Serving the King

Author File Description
Kat
File Details
Map Size: 160x160 (Tiny)
Difficulty: Normal
Made with version: 1.1
Minimap:
The King has summoned you to the castle and has given you a few tasks to carry out.....and you have little choice but to obey.

This is my first scenario. I don't think it is too difficult and I would welcome any constructive comments. If this is any good, I'll probably contimue the storyline.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Sulis
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance2.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Bearing in mind this is the author's first scenario, reviewing the map is a little tricky. However;

Playability: This is a simple scenario with a few modest goals to achieve. I did not have too much difficulty in reaching the targets, and your comments in the introduction do state that it should not pose too many problems. It is a small but relatively smooth map, but I must confess that after the initial rush of events, I became a little bored. Playing the map on normal, the recommended setting, meant a fairly high population (75) is required. My only minor complaint here (and believe me, it is minor) was the number of fire outbreaks. I do like these in economic scenarios, but it meant spacing buildings that little bit further apart to attempt to stop all hell breaking loose. I would have preferred a few less.

Balance: Not really much to do once you have some form of income. As I said above, a bit crazy initially and then all goes quiet. What was there is fine, but could do with a bit more.

Creativity: Again, a simple map with what must be said is limited use of the map editor. I have seen far worse, Kat. My earliest attempts were appalling, but a bit of practice and playing (just about) all the maps on this site gives you heaps of ideas and possible scenarios.

Map Design: I can see attempts at producing what I call a 'natural' looking map here. But again it was a little plain (and please don't think that a good map necessarily has to have elements of every possible feature). As I said above, take the time to play a variety of other maps available here. This map is okay, but plenty of scope for improvement.

Story/Instructions: I have given this a 3 because the introduction was simple, but pleasant. You know what you need to do.

For a first scenario, this was fine. I hope you upload more maps to the site. Keep it up!

Sulis
Dianna125
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance2.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Too easy. When a wolf attacks was announced, no wolves came out! I thought that the map design was good and that the goals set were very good, but I was disappointed that there were no bandit attacks. There could have been more negative events to make it more challenging. Overall, I think that it is a great start for your first map. They an only get better!!
peter2008 Play this PYOK mission on very hard, and it will rock.
The small landscape I found a bit artificial, with all the trees packed into one corner of the map at the beginning. But this is part of the concept. Felt I had to develop under the pressure of a - comparatively - small and unreplaceable amount of wood. No wood trading! Instead, fire events make you lose some buildings again. Ended up in guarding almost every farm with its own well.
The wolf attacks work "well" harvesting among the peasants. With wood being precious, it is not quick and easy to get weapons production running.
ericgolf
Staff
I was passing by and noticed there was no minimap. So I took the liberty of adding the minimap. In the process I had to guess that the version used was v1.1 (the update form insists that the version is now added)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.5
Balance2.0
Creativity2.5