Stronghold: Invasions » Andora chapter 1 The Prologue

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Andora chapter 1 The Prologue

Author File Description
Dougleass
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Normal

Here you can download the first map in my campaign; The Prologue.
Here's a link to the sixth chapter which then you can get linked to every chapter of the campaign.

I hope you will enjoy this campaign, I have worked alot with it. You will be introduced to some names, and a language from a book I am writing (I'm a writer) I have constructed a language under a period of 4 years, and you will see some here.

Here is a map that shows Andora. Each dot represents a map in the campaign. Each time a map is released, yet another dot will glow blue and the name of the location will be revealed. In The Prologue, you will see Bavelock.

Screams. Death. Fire, smoke... I was stumbling across the dead bodies scattered through the city… and the city was dying itself.
Death had reached Bavelock… death in the form of an evil king; The Snake. Or Gadoa as he has been called lately by those who know what he is doing, and has done. Gadoa…means death, simply - on the blessed tongue, known as Methalas.
Another tower fell and crumbled to dust as another rock had smashed into it. Trebuchets were everywhere outside the walls. So were the armies... massive armies. The gate was breached… There was no hope left for Bavelock. It was one of the few cities that were still free from Gadoa’s grasp, but for no more… This was the battle for Bavelock…

Andora was a free land. For 300 years, it had not known war, but peace and harmony was over the lands, and alliances were formed.
That was until Gadoa came to these lands…

Those I wish to thank - for the whole campaign - are:
Lord Gandor
Jasper Tudor
M1i2K3k4O
Froobachoob

Enjoy!
-Dougleass
gavelin989@hotmail.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
FroobaChoob Yay! Will Download, Rate, And Enjoy Soon. Like Now Actaully.

(I Didn't Get To Playtest This One. yay!)
FroobaChoob Playability: 5
This Is A very Good Map. Troops Are easy To Move. And Everything

Balance: 4
My Handful Of Archers And XMen with about 10 poikes and 9 swords. Against.. Um I Dunno... Bout 200??? But As Soon As The First pikemen Got Up On my Keep... Victory! I mean Whats Was That All About?

Creativity: 5
A Prologue (Spelling?). Very Intresting. I Was immediatly Involved In combat. Very Creative Idea To start A Campaign

Map Design: 5
Very nice Map. But It Did Remind Me Of Happytown. Just A Lil bit.

Story/Instructions: 5
Very Very very Very *A Million Very's Later* Good Story. I Was Reeled In At The First word. Screams...

Additional Comments:
Very Nice Map. Looking Forward To Download Rest of Maps.
Dougleass
File Author
Wow, thanks for the review. I forgot to add that all the maps in the campaign are more or less done, so the maps will be released with 5 days interval. I'm going to edit the first post a little bit.
Oh and about the balance, I know it's a little hard. But I actually managed to win. But yeah...maybe too hard?

[Edited on 08/09/06 @ 10:56 AM]

God Avo The prolouge goes before the chapters..
Minimap looks good.. I will download
Dougleass
File Author
yeyeye.... that's not important >.>
FroobaChoob I Didn't Find It Hard, Well It ooked Hard. but When The Troops Were Ontop of My keep It came Up With Victory Screen?

Dougleass
File Author
Yeah you have survive a certain time...
In chapter two you will read how you escape Bavelock. The story isn't that you kill the enemy armies in this city.

This map wasn't originaly planned, but I think that alot of campaigns have events in their first chapter, that couldv'e been more than just a text. So I thought I'd make a map about something I planned to start the story with.

[Edited on 08/09/06 @ 02:54 PM]

lollard97367 At first look this is superior work again@@@@@

nice effort and I am downloading and playing this right now

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
lollard97367 Playability: 5
Map plays normally and had good AI tactical moves throughout the battle. The enemy march around the complex looking for a breach. The base is on fire about 99% of the time here, and its a running battle to the end.

playing level: 5000
troops lost 85% : 1500
score: 6500

I might not have the highest score on here but it was sure fun getting it.

Balance: 5
Since I was in the keep at the end fighting with my last reserves and won its a 5.

Creativity: 5
Awesome idea guys with the fire and the running battle. The art work is superior as well douglass

Map Design: 5
I didnt have a problem with this at all. The fire goes on and on, and I spent alot of the time destoying buildings to put it out. I never succeeded. I got a good look at the actual building placement during deleting. Looking Good!

Story/Instructions: 4
Enough brainpower to earn a 4 from me. You can make it look professional and the goals are really stated.

Additional Comments:
Good map douglass and friends. Maybe next big map I will get in and do some.
Dougleass
File Author
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed the map.
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you think it was a community map? In case you did, it isn't. If you mean you just want to help(the last thing you said), there is actually some playtesting needed for the later maps in this campaign.

[Edited on 08/10/06 @ 06:00 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,118
Favorites: [Who?]0