Stronghold: Invasions » Andora chapter 5 The battle of Udwatha

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Andora chapter 5 The battle of Udwatha

Author File Description
Dougleass
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
The fifth chapter of the Andora campaign. Here you slay The Snake once and for all!
And yes, God Avo playtested this one too! So once again... thank you :P
To learn more about the campaign, and to play the first maps, please go to the first chapter, second chapter, third chapter and the fourth chapter.
Here's a link to the sixth and final chapter.

Teudor gathered the high council of Cuarna with help from Lotharus. The meeting took place in the castle. There were thirteen people in the council, himself and Lando included. “We must strike The Snake now, while we got the chance!” Teudor said. “While we suffered great losses? While our city needs to be rebuilt and repaired? It is out of question” A man said. Lando instantly rose and said “How dare you say…” Teudor told him to be calm and made a sign that he should sit down. “We are not the only one to have lost lives. The Snake had a greater defeat. This is our only chance. The Snake will never be as weak as this again. He will continue to breed his new creatures and attack once more. And we won’t survive another attack. We must strike now.” Teudor said. Everyone was silence. “He is right. If we gather all our men, we could make an army, maybe big enough to break through the walls of Udwatha.”

So it was decided. The council agreed to make a counter attack. They gathered all men they had. They were all standing in big courtyard when Teudor stood upon the castle and said to his army “Derth Lithele dwan algar itaro. Ethára aeth dwana as nira dargath ter e galo. Sana Lithele! Sana Talas! Sana Andora!” The army of the men must not give up without a fight! For Lithele! For Talas! For Andora!
And so they started walking. The women and children were watching the army walking through the whole city and saw them disappear through the gate.

Enjoy!
-Dougleass
gavelin989@hotmail.com
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
God Avo It took me over an hour and a half to finish this map if you do it my way ;) This does get abit challenging in someplaces, so just practice with the map :p
Dougleass
File Author
Excuse me; but holy sh*t. lol Why did it take you an hour and a half to win?
lollard97367 I played this once and its quite hard. Since the mission is KILL ENEMY KING it wont take a hour and a half. I found a concealed entrance on one side, after destroying quite a bit of wall in the process of finding it. After I got in the castle, I attempted to move the remaining troops down to the king island fortress, but was cut down by defenders.
Dougleass
File Author
Did you find a hole in the 'heightened wall' thing? With the stones?

And also, I want to ask everyone - has my campaign maybe been a bit too hard? I like challenging maps myself, and these are a challenge, but are they just too hard?

[Edited on 08/28/06 @ 07:53 PM]

lollard97367 I moved my troops up to the side wall (for cover) and soon realized that its high plateau just topped with wall. Once you break the wall down, you still CANNOT get in because of the elevation. However, I found a gap in the elevation which allows entry into the castle, and its not by the front gate.
Keith691 I haven't had a problem with some of your maps, the obnly ones I had problems with where the 2nd chapter because the snakes men arrive to soon for me and this chapter, or mabye I'm not a good stronghold player? Well it's your pick.
God Avo Overall the campaing has been good, not too easy but not incredibly hard.. the 2nd one was hard, but thats just my economical skill, and the 3rd one took abit of thinking to finish :p
Oh and might I say.. a hidden hole, Dougleass? -.- Was that in the playtest version? :p

It took me 30 mins to complete when I found that hole lol
And it took me an hour and a half to clear out 2 walls full of crossbowmen and macemen and pikemen just to put up some siege towers :p

So don't think that I'm a bad player.. uh, well because I'm not! Hey what are you looking at? -.-
Dougleass
File Author
Well whether it was too hard or too easy, I hope you enjoyed it.

Honestly, I still don't know what hole what youre talking about. I'm going to fix that as soon as I come home from school.

edit-
Fixed. I found 5 holes!

[Edited on 08/29/06 @ 12:29 PM]

Mananana
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Yet another swell map from Dougleass! I love this map, and same with the rest of the campaign. There are many ways to eventually reach the king, there are many choices!

Balance: 5
Little too hard I must admit. Still lots of fun, and I did eventually win. But this is the last map, and the 'final level' is always supposed to be the hardest, isn't it so?

Creativity: 5
The campaign as a whole, and this map alone, bursts with creativity, and together with the story, it's just priceless!

Map Design: 5
Perfect terraining as well as castle design. It really looks barren, and...dark. The environment together with the those cages it looks really like a kingdom that an evil lord would rule.

Story/Instructions: 5
There's not like 10 pages of text, but I love this story, and really, really - it doesn't have to be so long. It's prefect I think; doesn't take so long to read.

Additional Comments:
Excellent - I did hope though this campaign would be alot longer. That's the only negative thing I can say about this campaign!

[Edited on 02/24/07 @ 07:56 PM]

Yoda48 I have updated my gondolin map. Will you fix your review review?
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.8
Balance4.5