Yellow Devil

Author File Description
Duke of York
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:
Yellow Devil

In the year of our Lord 1015, his Excellency, the Archbishop of York has sent you north, deep into pagan lands to convert the heathen inhabitants of the Cheviots. Your task is to establish a fortified monastery from which to operate, providing food, shelter and teaching for all who wish to seek the truth of the church. The valley you have selected is rich in resources, farm land and wild game.

No word has come from the last expedition that was sent to the area. Our spies tell us that the local people are some-what receptive to the message of the church. However, Diable Jaune (the Snake), Chieftan of the Picts will kill any of his people who forsake their pagan gods, maye even you as well. You must protect the new converts as Diable Jaune will stop at nothing to destroy them and hold on to the ‘old ways’. His Excellency is determined for this mission to be a success and will send reinforcements to you as your settlement prospers in the faith.

I pray the local people will be receptive to your presence and the message of the church. May God go with you.

Victory Objectives:

1500 Gold
150 Bread
150 Meat
50% Blessed
25% Drinking Ale
Keep Enclosed

Player Notes:

This scenario allows you the freedom to place your keep almost anywhere on the map. Starting locations can vary providing challenges to players of all experience levels. This is a strait forward economic/invasion with no major surprises. Feel free to contact me with questions or comments about this scenario. As always, I hope you have as much fun playing this scenario as I have had creating it.

Sincerely,

James, Duke of York
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Duc de Noisiel
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
I had to restart many times just to figure out how to manage to survive the first big invasion, and after trying one spot again and again, I finaly ended up placing my keep on the east spot, near the lake. The macemen/knights invasions can be handled, but when a full army attacks, you better be ready. I found the full army invasions a bit too big on level very hard, I believe it will be hard enough for some on hard or even normal setting. But it can be handled.
If there is a major hint for this map, it is: Hurry!

Balance: 5
Pretty bothering.... pretty good. Very challenging balance.

One of my main concern was trying not to loose too many workers as with the bad events, it would take some time to replace the one killed by the enemy and have enough available to make the army grow.

I don't like fires, I just destroyed the burning buildings and replaced them when the fire was over.

Creativity: 5
Excellent "place your keep" map, rich in available ressources and wild life, with several starting options to get settled.

Map Design: 5
Well thought design of the field, you must think of how you will run your economy and choose your keep location in regard of it.
Very detailed landscape.

Story/Instructions: 5
Very good story.

Additional Comments:
What are you waiting for? Download it!
Post scriptum: Hard map.

[Edited on 09/09/06 @ 02:35 PM]

Lasisstor This is a very well designed map and extremly diffcult map. I have tried many tactics on the very hard setting and have yet to get past he second invasion.

Thank you
Lasisstor Wow
Great Map. Finally beaten it after 3 weeks of play at the hardest level. Stone and speed is the key is the only hint I will mention. While I found it frustrating at time, the attention to detail with the rocks and where you can actually build your industires make this a very diffuclt map. Downlaod and get addicted again.
alfaalfa Hi! This is the first time I've downloaded a map from Heaven, and I've really appreciated it!!! (My level is advanced beginner :)

Cool map, well done, very detailed landscape.

Notes: 1. U need to hurry at the beginning.
2. Try to place a keep near of iron mines, it's more important than stone or fertile valleys.
3. How will U get 150 meat?!? Think about it...

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0