Download File Post Review Post Comment

A growing hamlet v1.2

Author File Description
God Avo
File Details
Map Size: 200x200 (Small)
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:
*Update* I have made this map abit harder, I have tested it aswell.. 2 times, if you still find something to improve please tell me! :D
Thanks goes to Jasper Tudor and ericgolf!

Hello there again!
I am still working on the latest 5 maps of my campaign and figured that I might as well submit something new today and see what you all think.

There is a story and hint file in the .zip, no big picture, only minimap and the map file.
I know the minimap looks plain, but it is an improvement since my last few maps submitted.

Objectives (on normal):
Population- 32
Wood planks- 120
Fruit- 100
Keep enclosed
No enemy & invasions left

This map is easy/normal difficulty if you play it on normal mode, hard mode will prove a very slight challenge, but very hard is your goal ^^

I made this map because I like to play maps that need you to like focus on one thing at a time, and not have too many things happening ^^

Well, I hope you enjoy and comment/rate! Thanks! =D
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
God Avo
File Author
I just want to add a little more information on the map:
You can't build stone castles, as on this map you start of with low resources I thought it would of been a good idea to keep the tech level relatively low ^^

If your having trouble at the start of the map, try looking to the hint's file ;D

Well, I hope everyone enjoys!
Jasper Tudor I deleted this review because of the update and improvement of the map. Glad I could be to any help.

[Edited on 09/29/06 @ 06:08 PM]

ericgolf
Staff
Downloading now :-)

Edit:
I have just played it on Hard and won :-)
It's a really good fun map. Simple and short.
Your rivers are much more convincingly natural this time than in some of your other maps. The forrested hill is good too (with the odd dead tree here and there) and good use of bushes.

The interesting landscape made for an enjoyable descision about where to place the keep - what with the rivers and fords to consider.

And playing as red was a nice touch :-)

A nice map. Great for a short relaxing game (as was said in the previous review above).

I quite liked how the chapters 2 and 3 of the story were sort of about what was about to happen in the scenario. Quite an unusual way of providing hints and warnings. Not something I have seen in a map story before. (And in case any one is wondering, the advice I gave was purely in the area of spelling and grammar. :-)

[Edited on 09/25/06 @ 03:57 PM]

God Avo
File Author
Thank you, Jasper Tudor and Ericgolf ^^ I appreciate the feedback.
As stated in both reviews this was a relaxing map, which was intended - but from what Jaspor Tudor said - it could use abit more varied events, which is ok.
I'll edit the map a little, work more on the terraining and elevations.. and instead of editing the final invasion I've decided to actually make another invasion, but with a twist.. it will be from the snake, with macemen ;) So that will be the FINAL invasion.

I'm planning to add wolves to the map, and a second draught as stated. I'll make the economical goals have higher targets to reach and add more reinforcements/population boosts the higher your economy goes, for more varied gameplay everytime - I will also make the reinforcement's and bandits come with the 'no enemy on map' condition.

And I will add to the story, delving into the character more (like explaining more about your uncle and father).

Well, I *again* hope that you enjoyed this map ^^ 35 downloads, I'm chuffed ^^
ericgolf
Staff
These are very good improvements in the upgraded map :)

I played on VHard and really struggled at the end to meet two of the objectives. It was touch and go as to whether I would make it in time. The balance was deffinitely better and this improved the playability.

So I had even more fun playing the new version than I did the first.

Players should download this new file for another great fun game.

El Golf
;-)

[Edited on 09/29/06 @ 04:44 PM]

Dougleass Wow. What can I say about this map... Alot of wolves lol. Alot of animals.
It's quite hard. Haven't really beaten it yet >.>
God Avo
File Author
Wow, did I make it much harder? :o
Well thanks for downloading, I've got about 70 downloads in a week.. that's just amazing for me lol
Oh and Dougleass I might have a new crusader map for you to playtest, it might get abit hard :p
Stratego Good work, God Avo,

your map reminds me of the older Stronghold maps from the early years, but it's a good and tough one on hard and very hard settings.

Congrats!!
God Avo
File Author
Thank you Stratego :)

I'm happy that I made this map harder :p I'm a big fan of wooden castles so I made this map and created some disasters so it wasn't too much like the real stronghold :p Oh and I haven't played any of the old stronghold maps ^^

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:437
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:404.73 KB
Added:09/22/06