Author File Description
ericgolf
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1.1
Minimap:

La Muerte Negra

A cede map. You play the bad guys, dressed in Black.

Take the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan by toppling the Emperor, Montezuma, atop his great pyramid. Hold off the the invaders, then slaughter them all, in time to deliver the Aztec gold to the King of Spain.

[Story graphic by Sir Ravenclaw]

Story

You sit in a tavern in Hopetown awaiting reassignment following your last mission. You hear rumours of the brutal campaign being waged by El Negro (known to us as the Wolf) against the native civilisations in the South of the New World. As you sip your ale your mind drifts away to those far off lands. What must it be like to lead the ruthless army of El Negro in that campaign of genocide?

"El Negro! El Negro! Wake up!".... You shake the sleep from your brain. It is your good lieutenant Garcia shaking you awake. Your sleep has been a comfortable one in the Aztec Emperor's hospitality palace where you have stayed these last few days as Montezuma's honoured guest. Garcia stands to attention when he sees you are awakening. "El Negro. The scout has returned. He reports that El Serpiente approaches and he has enlisted the aid of heathen tribesmen!" As you stand and buckle on your breastplate you look into your black heart and find the resolve for what you must do next. "Garcia! Wake the men. We move on Montezuma at the great pyramid immediately! When we take him the city will be ours! Tell them: Look for the blue cloak! Assign men to eliminate the imperial guards and the temple acolytes. They are to show no mercy!". Garcia hurries away. You finish with your armour, strap on your blade and stride outside. As it always does, your nimble mind turns to the move after next. Garcia rushes up and salutes. The black-uniformed men are hurriedly mustering. You smile at your lieutenant's efficiency. "Well done Garcia! Look out Montezuma! And as for that slimy reptile, El Serpiente! If he thinks he will get his hands on one ounce of Aztec gold... We will secure the causeways and he can wait outside until hell freezes over!". Garcia grins in admiration. You smile in return, your confident features giving no clue to your own internal doubts: His Majesty, The King of Spain, will be impatient for his gold...

Instructions

When the map opens you have two groups of troops dressed in black on the edge of town. Your pikemen and engineers are gathered in a small square with a garden next to two inns and a market. Your crossbowmen are quartered in the high-walled garden just beyond that. You must kill the blue Lord and all the orange troops that are on guard around the city.

You must strike quickly, topple Montezuma, and take Tenochtitlan. You will need to hold off invading local enemies and the armies of El Serpiente. You must kill all the invaders to clear the way for you to take the Aztec gold back to Spain.

Objectives

On Normal Setting:
  • 4700 gold
  • No enemy or invasions left
  • Game starts November 1519
  • Game ends June 1527 (if you don't win first)

In other words:-
  • Take the city by toppling Montezuma at the geat pyramid and killing his Imperial Guard wherever you find them.
  • Hold off the invaders until you can...
  • slaughter all of the invading troops of the local Rat and that opportunist reptile, the Snake....
  • BEFORE time runs out so you can deliver the Aztec gold to the King of Spain.
  • Oh... don't forget to gather that gold in time ;-)

Hints for all players

I have categorised the difficulty level as Hard meaning an average player will find it hard to win on Normal level. I have balanced it for a challenging game on Hard setting for good players.

Like Cortez you will find that the Aztec population is soon decimated by disease, but maybe there is some way for you to lessen the effects. Take care of your crossbow-men, pike-men, and engineers. You brought them halfway round the globe. You will get no more. You will need to make do with hiring as many local, poorly armed, mercenaries as you can afford. -- If you are to satisfy the King of Spain's lust for gold you will have to do the Devil's work in Tenochtitlan. Go forth and crucify!

You might want to read the level 1 hints that come with the zip (See file ReadMeFirst.htm)

Author's Note

The scenario (the 3rd in my New World series)is loosely based on Cortez�s first capture of the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan in 1519.

The zip contains a set of HTML pages which document the scenario. Aside from the Story they also contain:

a set of Hints files;
a Note for those playing on Very Hard setting
a description of the Features of the Tenochtitlan map with Aknowledgements;
Facts about Tenochtitlan and Cortez;
and Pictures that provided inspiration.

I hope you enjoy playing this. It was fun to make :)

Eric of the Golf
;-)

Acknowledgements

Thanks to Sir Ravenclaw (God Avo) for making the graphic to illustrate the story.

See the zip for other acknowledgements.

Edit
The first 6 downloaders got an extra file in the zip, index.htm. They should discard that file. The file to open first is ReadMeFirst.htm

Edit 2
I have beefed up the instructions a bit to help players orient themselves at the start before the cede. Apologies to the first 48 downloaders if they found it hard to get started. Thanks Surajsubba for constructively pointing out the need for this. (Extra instructions added in-game, to the HTML pages in the zip and on this description page -see "Instructions" above.)

Maps by ericgolf:- The New World series: 1. May your god go with you 2. Little Keep on the Prairie 3. La Muerte Negra (This map) 4. La Muerte Negra (Eco) 5. Mined Over Matter. Also: my first map:Lost World

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Dragons Rider YAHOO, finally this maps out! Downloading...
ericgolf
Staff
File Author
To the first 6 downloaders including Dragons Rider:
Just to say that I left a file in the zip, index.htm, that should be discarded. It is an old version of what replaced it, ReadMeFirst.htm (the file to open first when looking for more info). You 6 do have the right file. Just ignore index.htm
:)

[Edited on 11/13/06 @ 02:21 AM]

Sir Ravenclaw (To start with let me introduce myself, I'm God Avo.. but I can't access my other account anymore)

Ericgolf, wow looks great on minimap. I've always wanted an aztec map too :p
I saw some screenshots of it on the forums and I so wanna see how the map plays ;)

P.S: Why didn't you e-mail saying that you want the images done? I would of started them immediately :'(
ericgolf
Staff
File Author
@Sir Ravenclaw (God Avo),
I must have misunderstood before. I thought you were working on them. And then you appeared to drop of the planet :-0 but now I know you are still here but as someone else .. ?-) :)
I emailed you yesterday or the day before. Did you get the email? Don't worry about the graphics. If you do make them I will add them to the site page and to the web pages in the zip file. Or maybe you can do some to help me out for my next map? Sorry I did not wait. I just had to post the map. I have been playtesting for so long I was begining to come unhinged lol.
Anywy it is good to know you are still here :)

[Edited on 11/22/06 @ 04:35 PM]

Sir Ravenclaw I haven't recieved any e-mails lately.. I started to feel mega depressed.. y'no hanging around with the kids in the corner cutting ourself and sitting at home on the pc 24/7.. kinda feels lonely :p

Anyway, I'll get to work on them soon. Oh it's ok that you posted the map, I just didn't realize you were going to post it soon. As it did take abit longer to post Little Keep on the Praire ;)

Just lemme play the map first then I'll get to work ^.^
surajsubba Wow!

Great looking minimap Ericgolf. Will try it out. Looks like world of cyborgs
Dougleass ericgolf, this map has to be one of the most visually spectacular maps on SH.
Have to admit though, I don't know what to do...

[Edited on 02/02/07 @ 08:03 AM]

ericgolf
Staff
File Author
Thanks Dougleass :)
Check out the Hints files. Start with the file ReadMeFirst.htm and then you can decide how far along in the hints you want to go before trying again at the map. I hope I have not made it too hard :-P

Oh. And you play as black. Sorry if I did not make that clear :-o

[Edited on 11/13/06 @ 03:18 PM]

Llungki pey
(id: younghappy)
Great map. There's so much to look at, very cool.
ericgolf
Staff
File Author
Thanks, surajsubba and younghappy. Glad you like the look of it. Have you beaten it yet? I amm worried I made it to hard. Maybe I should have just submitted it in the eyecandy section ;)

[Edited on 11/14/06 @ 06:57 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0