Download File Post Review Post Comment

Reign of Fire: Valley of Valhorn

Author File Description
Dougleass
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:
We sincerely appologize for the late release of the second part of the Reign of Fire campaign. There were some problems and misunderstandings.
Here you can download the first chapter in the Stronghold Heaven Community Campaign. As you can see, its several months since it got released.

This map was fairly quickly made, but I hope you enjoy it. In all honesty, it was only made to get the campaign rolling. Once again, we apologize for the late release, luck was not on our side. The other installments will not be released so late as this one, and more time will be spent on them as well.

Reign Of Fire - Valley of Valhorn

Having secured the The Ruins of Samaria your plan is to find a good place for a camp where you can build your strength still further before pushing on to the elders.

Story

You have secured The Ruins of Samaria and gathered your strength for the coming Battle of Kalimdor. However, you must now push on to make contact with the elders. The journey will be long and hazardous but with Samuel and your fearless people at your side you show no fear. The people are ready. You draw your blade to lead the way and search for some words to inspire your faithful followers. “The Dark Lord will not triumph. Forward! In the name of our beloved King Henry we SHALL overcome any evil in our path!” And the throng cheers as they set off in good heart….

Your plan is to find a good place for a camp where you can build your strength still further before pushing on to the elders.

Objectives

On Normal Setting:
  • Gather 60 spears
  • Gather 50 meat

Acknowledgements

ericgolf - story
Dougleass - terraining and scripting
ericgold wanted me to mention that WDs story for the first chapter inspired him, and helped him writing the story for this chapter.

That's it, we had a few who signed up for playtesting but never replied. I'm grateful ericgolf could make the story though.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Llungki pey
(id: younghappy)
Downloading now. Will play tomorrow. Can't wait.
surajsubba A place your keep map? downloading...

Great looking minimap.
Llungki pey
Yikes this map is very hard. I didn't lose but I couldn't get popularity up from zero. I love the terraining though. I like place your own keep maps as you can choose different strategic places, this offers som good areas for protection-river and cliffs e.g
Dougleass
File Author
I'm glad to hear you liked atleast some parts of it. I expected the worst.
Llungki pey
Don't worry Dougleass. A map made by you is always going to be fantastic! Anyway, I'm not very good at playing stronghold, so some better players than myself will probably find this map alot easier (but still challenging). Maybe you could give me some hints on how to get off my feet in this map, so you could email me(gilmore.andrew@gmail.com)

If I completethis map I PROMISE TO RATE IT!

Downloads don't seem to be going too fast. Maybe Lady Arcola could make a section on the homepage like with the 1st map.

[Edited on 12/05/06 @ 06:14 PM]

ericgolf
Staff
I played Valhorn tonight :-)

Had fun :-))))
Llungki pey
Did you complete it?
ericgolf
Staff
Yes :) on Hard level. How about you?
Llungki pey
I havn't completed it yet.

(Not even on easy) Don't laugh.
I need lessons on playing stronghold.........seriously

[Edited on 12/06/06 @ 06:40 PM]

Dougleass
File Author
Sorry young, can't help you. What I meant with I expected the worst, was that the map is kinda poorly playtested...

glad to see eric completed it though.

[Edited on 12/07/06 @ 02:36 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:965