Download File Post Review Post Comment

Battle for Lake

Author File Description
Knight of Russia
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Easy
Minimap:
This mappack is the battle for a lake. You play as Pig (red) and have to keep Wolf, Snake, Rat, and Lord Stronghold from taking over. The maps are fairly easy. The Zip File includes
Battle for Lake 1
Battle for Lake 2
Battle for Lake 3
Battle for Lake 4
Story file
Some Pictures
Hope you enjoy playing the maps.

Ratings and Comments are welcome.

Knight of Russia
Visithttp://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=17,3068,,10 for screenshots (3) but i'll add more.

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Sparrow Fabulous execution of using four 400x400 maps to create one large composite 800x800 one. I put in a minimap showing the four maps, the largest the system can handle, both in dimensions and bytes, but I left in your full size composite to better show the detailing.
Dido Great russian work "tovarish"!
Knight of Russia
File Author
Thanks for doing that, Sparrow. I think it's better that way.
Knight of Russia
File Author
....and thanks for the compliment, Dido. Hope you all enjoy it.
Schlondark khorosho... couldn't resist (russian for good)
Sir Lurchalot Well, I just finished playing all four maps and as they say, "I've got good news and bad news." {grin}

First the good news: Congratulations on intergrating all four maps in such an interlocking manner - really cool!!

And now the bad news:

On map 1, did you actually count the number of archers from the woods? EGAD! There were over 600 of them! So many, in fact that I stopped producing weapons and troops very early on because the game was dragging to a near standstill. And you need to consider escalating the invasions. The last few, particulary the final one were absolutely puny - especially when compared to ALL those free archers I had. There was just no way to loose with that many troops and so few invaders.

Maps 2 and 3 were considerably better than the first one. However, you could still do a better job with your timing of events and invasion sizes.

Map 4 has a fatal flaw - no win or loose conditions. Easily fixed but meanwhile it's impossible to loose and the game never ends even after you've totally destroyed the enemy.

All four maps were VERY easy to beat, even when playing on Very Hard. Never once on any of them did I ever feel I was any danger - and indeed I wasn't. Far, far too easy.

But don't give up. {smile} You have excellent terraining skills and make great looking maps. Just need to sharpen up a bit on how the scenarios work out.
Knight of Russia
File Author
Whoa, you serious? OK, I'll update it, and hopefully it'll be better.
Knight of Russia
File Author
Oh, now I found out what the problem is. When I was first creating these maps, I saved them as "BFL"(1,2,3,4). But then, when I was going to post them, I renamed them to "Battle for Lake." Then I erased the "BFL" files to save space on the PC.Later, my brother wanted to make them easier for himself, so he changed some events. That's probably the problem. I'll redo the events and update the file ASAP.
Sir Lurchalot Thanks for checking into them. I'm looking forward to the updates.
Lord Karpathea I finished three of the four. I'm going to play the fourth one later tonight......so my review will be for all four maps in total.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:703
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:3.14 MB