New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

New Beginning

Author File Description
javaman_9
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Hard
This is an economic mission with a little bit of military action.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Merepatra
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
This mission is about building a large town with fairly large economic goals while surviving through a few bandit attacks. The objectives were varied and interesting, the map is reasonably attractive and the story is nice but there were a few problems that detracted from my enjoyment while playing.

Unfortunately the bandit attacks were not enough to be more than the most minor annoyance, particularly as I built a long way from the only signpost and they hardly arrived at my castle before leaving again. This is often a problem with bandits in Stronghold, but the large map and small groups of bandits made it more noticable in this map.

Another problem was that after a few years a "Travelling Fair" event was scheduled for the rest of the mission for every 6 months. The huge popularity boost this gives meant I was from then able to tax outrageously without really thinking about it which decreased the challenge of the mission significantly.

After 8 years I had met all the goals and expected Victory. When I realised that none of the goals were ticked off in the objectives screen I checked the map in the editor and discovered that the win was set to occur only after 15 years of playing. Waiting around another 7 years really didn't appeal so I didn't ever actually "win" the mission. With a little bit of editing this could be a much more enjoyable mission.

Dianna125 As I completed the goals of the mission, they didn’t get checked off the list. Please email me and let me know how I can fix this. dianna125@hotmail.com
peter2008 A PYOK castle builder with some additions. Not "hard".
Winning date is set on March 1079 instead of the game's starting date. Only then victory would be triggered.

[Edited on 03/19/09 @ 02:31 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance3.0