Stronghold Image Toolbox PreV1b

Author File Description
elfofthefire
File Details
Used with: Both

Stronghold Image Toolbox PreV1b

Animation encoding is glitchy.

Description:

This application allows you to extract and inject images in the TGX and GM1 files.

Requires the .net framework 2 to run
, download here.

Screen shot

(Opens in new window):

Known Bugs:

Some animated files load wrong, this is due to the color set it loads; a fix is it click the extract button and select a different color set.
Animation encoding is tricky.
Animation extraction looses color.
Memory leak (Restart when starting to slow down to fix problem)

Please if you find a bug, email me at elfofthefire@gmail.com or post them on my fourms. Its the only way it will get fixed.

A 64 bit release for those that own a x64 processor is avaible to download from my fourms.

I am releasing this as PreV1 because i have stopped work on this, and V1 may never come.

The PreV1b release is Windows 98 compatible.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
von Schmidt Could you use this to mod buildings? By Copying different images over the ones used?
pizzaroma If this works (and not mentioning some other things) Then a whole new stream of mods will rise from this defenitely... if it works with crusader, it works with original by the way. (All graphics, although the raw music files for stronghold original have mental issues)

Edit:
Well I'm smart and I back up all my gm and gfx files first... but hey, now my Fletchers look messed up.

And here's a suggestion - make you be able to modify animated images... as one frame at a time, to allow complete modding!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's also a pretty problematic glitch! The program runs out of memory pretty easily... i.e. a problem in the programming you can, and need to fix!

[Edited on 08/22/07 @ 02:38 PM]

elfofthefire
File Author
von Schmidt:
Yes.

pizzaroma:
Please be more specific about the errors you are having. The out of memory error can be hundreds of things. But Changes are is that your having the problem when you import a bitmap. If that is the case then the bitmap you are opening is smaller then the one that you are trying to replace. For now you must replace the image with one of the same size.

Animation encoding is something I'm working on currently, but its a little tricking. The file is like a gif file with 10 palettes.

I'm unsure why your Fletcher is messed up.Maybe if you can be more descriptive?

[Edited on 09/24/07 @ 02:23 AM]

pizzaroma -I replaced the fletcher with a really odd looking thing.

- After opening a bunch of different models, it seems like my computer likes to run out of virtual memory ?
elfofthefire
File Author
I don't know what to tell you to do about your fletcher other then if it load wrong in-game then replace that .gm1 file with the original, animation is not out of beta yet, and things like that are expected to happen at random in the beta.

There is a memory leak that I am still trying to find, hopefully i will have it patched up by v1.
pizzaroma I think this could be very usefull... I could see this being very popular. Great if a person would like to create a mod of stronghold

(i.e. put in wierd aliens and make techno music or something)

I've been wanting to look for a tool like this, and thought others maybe would be really into using it, but oh well.
Timballisto ...Is it just me, or does the thing on the right look like it's made from a bunch of turn blocks from Super Mario World?
elfofthefire
File Author
Timballisto:

Your right, i had to test the program right? What better way to do that then make a mod. I never finished that mod, but it was only suppose to be a test for the app.

Here is a picture of what i did get done:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/elfofthefire/Stronghold/MarioModCommentPreview.png

Maybe someday I will finish that, but not now.

[Edited on 10/16/07 @ 08:29 PM]

Manux Wow, this is amazing. Really it is.
Though id like to export the images to "retouch" them with some program. The problem is, taking screenshots and selecting each image takes some time. It would be cool to add a feature that could extract all the images to BMP, PNG or any.

All this stuff is pretty good though some animations look fuzzy.(cow and bear)
and btw, your forum doesnt seem to work right now.
Illiac Empire I am having a few troubles with this program.

I have made a replacement image the same size as the image I would like to replace, but I when I tell it to inject, the resulting image is distorted. Any help would be appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:7,077
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:244.48 KB