Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Stronghold: Invasions » Cape Kaliakra by Battle Mage corp.

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Cape Kaliakra by Battle Mage corp.

Author File Description
Battle Mage corp
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Hard
Minimap:
Title: Cape Kaliakra
Version: 1.0
Map size: 400x400
Level: Hard
Playing as: Defender
Win conditions: No enemy or invasions left
Lose conditions: Lord killed
Designed at: Normal

We are happy to present the latest work by Battle Mage corp. This map is based on real event in the late 4th century BC.

We decided to recreate the city in the hands of the Thracians. As the governor you should beat back the bandits that are constantly threatening to destroy the city. The map is difficult to complete so be sure to make a lot of saves. There are no economical goals, you just need to survive the attacks. Be sure to read the full story in the zip file.

We want to thank Artofmath for playtesting the map and for his feedback. Thanks to everyone who mailed us with suggestions on how to improve the map. Thanks guys.

In 323 BC The Empire of Alexander the great fell. All the territory that he had was divided between his heirs and successors. One of them King Lyzimah got Thrace. He knew Kaliakra well. Instead of enslaving all the people in the city he gave them lots of gold treasures and precious gems. Everyone quickly fell in love with the young general and made him the supreme ruler of the city. He was very kind and generous to all. Lyzimah arranged lots of festivals. Life was good and the people prospered. But soon everyone began to wonder how the general collected so much gold. The empire was dead and pillaged. Rumors spread and many believed that Lyzimah had stolen it from Alexander the Great. Those rumors soon spread throughout Thrace…….

Morbid Angel and Lan al Malkier
Battle Mage corp.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Battle Mage corp
File Author
Dudes Im very sorry about the starting date it seems I forgot to adjust it everything is OK if you like dl it again.
artofmath Unfortunately, the minimum starting date on any SH1 map is Janurary, 1066. The year of the Norman invasion of England.

For SHC, I think it is Janurary 1187, the starting year of the third Crusade.

(edit by Sulis: you can indeed change the start date to pre-1066, as long as this is the very last thing you do before you save the map)

[Edited on 08/23/07 @ 10:12 AM]

Lord Karpathea I didn't notice any problems....
Battle Mage corp
File Author
I jsut fixed it it should run smoothly as far as I know you can adjust it to be at 9999AD or -999 BC ours is -323
artofmath
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.5
Creativity4.5
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4

Despite being set on such a small piece of land, the map has excellent playability. The Ai seems to work flawlessly, attacking numerous times over and over again, as if a real general was commanding them. However, there were two small issues. The first was very minor, being that the enemy siege engineers would adamantly refuse to produce siege equipment. While as a player, I would rejoice at it, their inclusion would have made the scenario much, much more interesting.

The second minor issue was the game date. It started on Jan. 1066, not 323 BC. This was especially problematic, as the wolf's troops seemed to arrive far too early, and shot down basically all the reinforcements. In an amusing way, it balanced out the lack of enemy siege equipment.

Balance: 4.5
The game balance was quite good, although it was harder that what would have made it better. All sorts of tactics can be used in the city to kill off the invaders. That was a wonderful aspect of this map. To think that one lowly siege engineer would kill off so many hundreds of soldiers...

Creativity: 4.5

As always, BMC has shown an almost superhuman skill at recreating historical castles, my ventures on Google Earth showed just that. It looked as if BMC had re-created the castle down to the last square yard. All the main buildings and roads were EXACTLY as shown on Google Earth. The docks were naturally excellent, and the little touches with wall and stairs were fabulous. Being a historical castle, I rarely give 5s. This map just didn't have that little special touch that Pilska had.

Map Design: 4

On what little land there is on this map, the land looked perfectly natural, nothing strange, yet nothing of special note. Once again, I applaud his style, even after the castle was mostly destroyed, the terrain looked perfectly natural. Not as much eyecandy was in here as in the other maps, but this map deserves its solid 4.

Story/Instructions: 5

The map was accompanied by plenty of story and historical background, which tied in with the script perfectly.

Additional Comments:

I admire your patience in researching this castle and reproducing it perfectly. However after three consecutive historical castles, I think that it is time to go back to the fiction world and create something entirely from scratch.

Keep up this quality of work!

- artofmath
artofmath I've just rated this map, and it's a happy review. :D

artofmath Eh, where did my review go? Lost in the system? Or is the system being inundated by a sudden flood of them?
Battle Mage corp
File Author
The reviews come out when another new set of map/s come out so there isn't a specified time.Just have to wait 'till someone submits a map.

BM corp.
Battle Mage corp
File Author
Thanks mate I apreciate the comment and I'm glad that you took time to rate it. Im also satisfied with the historical castles so it's back to "Treachery" for BMC.

Cheers.
Lord Tanthos What a great-looking castle!
How did you make the area around the shoreline look so realistic? Just the rocks?
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.5