Download File Post Review Post Comment

Winner of the Fantasy competition - Dougleass' Ghost

Author File Description
Dougleass
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:
I just want to make clear that there follows a WALKTHROUGH with the map, for people who doesn't know what to do. I have also updated it (09/13), making a way to win alot easier and quicker than it was meant to - impossible to do now.

Greetings once again! This is quite an old map that was created for and submitted to the fantasy competition here on Stronghold Heaven. It turned out this map became the winner of that competition, which i'm very proud of.
The title says most of it. One of the prominent eye candy in this map is the change of color of the enemy, making them look more ghost-like, and the idea of the map is to kill the lord which lives in a haunted palace, but the way there will be filled with traps and puzzles. There will follow a walkthrough though, along with other things like a blueprint of the castle, so you can see the design!

STORY:
"....Once there was a king who ruled over a very rich kingdom. His kingdom was flourishing due to its mining – mining of gold and iron. This was a king who liked to show off how rich he actual was, and had himself a crown of pure gold, decorated with diamonds and rubies, and his clothes was the finest one could get, his food made by the best chefs and his furniture the most luxurious in the whole world.
His palace though, was an old one, and he felt that even after repairing it, it wouldn’t fit him and that it was far too small for him - despite it being the largest building in the country.
And so he ordered a new palace to be built, the most beautiful palace the world had ever seen, one that would truly fit him. Everyone he asked to design such a building didn’t dare to accept it. The demands he had was too high and such a building he wanted, they thought could never exist.
But after asking everyone in the country he sought one outside his borders, and finally found one who was brave enough.
After 100 days and 100 nights, it was finished and it truly was heavenly. It was ornamented with diamonds, pearls, silver and gold, it shined. Above its beauty, it was heavily guarded and thought to be impenetrable. Some even went so far as to call it a fortress, and it was nicknamed by some ‘The golden fortress’.
The king was happy and rewarded the architect greatly with treasures and gold, and his future career was… golden.
There the king lived happily for years, and couldn’t help but thinking he was most powerful king in the world – a fact that might not have been too far from the truth.
There was just one detail that both the architect and the king was unaware of. The great palace had been built upon cursed ground, where a great necromancer was said to have been buried. This creature was evil in life, and was if possible even more vicious in the slumber of death… His slumber was not to be disturbed…"

-Keep the soldiers on Stand Ground for no risk of them running around by themselves.
-Try to keep the macemen alive… Their speed is at your advantage. Don’t despair if they die though.
-Easy, Normal, Hard and Very hard will affect the amount of your soldiers on the map, this may result in that the difference between these difficulties is very big. This results in - that on Easy, you will not have to save the engineer in the mountain!
-Again, to find all prisoners, also look in the mountains. Protect the engineers!
-Save a lot!

The blueprint for the palace made by the famous architect was found. Take a look at it; it might help you (it also followed with the map in the download).

As always I hope you enjoy it! Check out my profile for more maps.
gavelin989@hotmail.com
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Llungki pey
(id: younghappy)
Going for 1st download.

Homework can wait, I'm playing this right now!!
Battle Mage corp 2nd dl EVERYTHING CAN WAIT!!!!
Battle Mage corp It seems that there is no map in the extract pack or I can't see it I dunno is the problem with me or, are there others experiencing it???

Morbid Angel

[Edited on 09/12/07 @ 11:48 AM]

Dougleass
File Author
That is fixed. Enjoy guys!
ericgolf
Staff
Hey! My Stronghold has been taken over by Zombies! ;)
Truly amazing. (and spooky) :)

Edit:
In reference to your kind comment in another thread, I would remember if I had playtested this, Dougleass, and I have never seen zombies in SH map before this.

[Edited on 09/12/07 @ 01:34 PM]

Lord William1234 Hey, I just downloaded this map, and I have one question: how did you get the enemy troops to look like they do? I'm assuming it has to do something with editing the files in Stronghold or something...
Dougleass
File Author
Thanks eric!

http://www.stronghold-knights.com/
in the menu to the left, almost in the end of the menu under the 'News on...' press the 'Introduction' and then look for 'Changing player colours'
You use something called a hexadecimal editor, somehow a member called Jalis found this out. The idea originally was to change color of the players, but if you randomly messed up the code, the result could be like on my map.

I think I might get this question alot... If so, I might put this answer in the map description.

[Edited on 09/12/07 @ 04:13 PM]

Dougleass
File Author
I haven't gotten any feedback yet, so I don't know how the map worked out. Ericgolf sent me an email, saying he won in a completely different way than I had in mind, a much quicker way that didn't use everything I had put on the map.

I HAVE UPDATED THE MAP, making it impossible I hope - to win in a much quicker and easier way.
Lord William1234 Okay, now that the map has been updated, I shall redownload it and try it again. Then I will rate it. :)

P.S About how long did it take you to make this map?
Dougleass
File Author
Thanks.
It took me about a month.

[Edited on 09/18/07 @ 04:51 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account