Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Stronghold: Invasions » Mardonton, The Siege (Map 1in Saviour of Léugìm)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Mardonton, The Siege (Map 1in Saviour of Léugìm)

Author File Description
Lord Michael I
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1.1
Minimap:

Other uploaded scenarios in the Campaign:

2. Bealaigh Hill -The Ambush
3. An Unlikely Saviour
4. The Lost Estate
5. Mountain's Fist
6. The Pilgrims' Progress
7. The City of Columbar
8. Ithélâ's Challenge
9.Mountain's Fist - The Healing
10.Ending a Dire Threat

Mardonton - The siege

Map No.1 in The Saviour of Léugìm Community Campaign.

You are Gregory, the lord of an Estate in the Kingdom of Léugìm.
You must defend your town from the evil army of Lord Dayon.
Hold off the invaders as long as you are able so you can make your escape.

Story

Mardonton, called the "lost town". It was founded in the year 903 by Charles II, and the lordship of the town has been passed down from generation to generation in our family. This small town has always lived away from any problem, away from any war, until now.

The lands of Léugìm are on the verge of a war, with the allied estates of Léugìm on one hand, and Lord Dayon, and its massive army, called the "Black Men" on other side. Our side has proven weak. Not all the estates have proven loyal to the crown, so we are not fighting with our biggest forces. And news is worsening each time. Terror is approaching your sleepy town. Countless raids have been mentioned, all around your quiet lands.

Also, numerous rumors about Dayon's soldiers, some kind of strange mutants, attacking each town they see, are scaring the peasants. They say these soldiers of Dayon are beasts, and were born only for fighting and killing.

Now, it is time to defend your town. You must not let it fall; you must hold it at all costs. If the raids aren't stopped,who will put a finish to this horror?

Campaign Map

Click thumbnail pic to see 160k JPEG

Instructions

Your town is about to be attacked by a huge army. Start preparing your defenses, and hold your town as long as you can. You are the strongest estate in the area, so you must inflict big casualties on Lord Dayon's evil army, this may make them retreat and give you time to prepare a bigger offensive.

Objectives

On Normal Setting:

• 1 sword. This is the sword you will use on the battle.
  • Keep your lord alive until the timer ends.
  • The game will end in 1076

Hints for all players

-Maybe if you fortify the town with even more wooden platforms, maybe you could kill off even more of Dayon's men even before they touch your walls.

-Try to use killing ditches strategically around the hard points of your town.

-Train as much men as you can! The armory is full of spears and arrows; use them!

-You can put more hovels. This way, you will have more peasants around the campfire, which means you will have more recruits.

Author's Note

I hope you all enjoy this map. I'd first want you to know that this map is the product of
the hard work of lots of persons, including me. Though it might sound strange, I am not the designer of this map, I am only the storywriter.

I was in charge of making the full story and in-map story. The terraining of the map goes to FroobaChoob, though, he had some internet problems and could not upload the map. Also ericgolf has put a lot of work on finishing the map, and not to mention the playtesters (I'll mention you guys later ;))

Zip Contents

The zip file, besides the map, contains a map of the lands of Léugìm for you to look how the story progresses. It also has a hint file, which you must not open unless you are really stuck, the full story and a minimap is also attached.

And finally, there is a map similar to the one that shows the lands of Léugìm, but this one will show you what else is happening at the moment of the mission.

Acknowledgements

A big thanks to these persons who spent their valuable time on this map:
FroobaChoob, the person who came with the main idea of a campaign, and the designer of this map.

Ericgolf, thanks for the help on scripting and making the final tweaks on the map and playtesting!

Lord Tanthos, the second playtester, thanks a bunch :D

Younghappy, the person who got in charge when
Frooba had to leave, and the designer of the well made map of Léugìm.

Sir Ravenclaw, the designer of the campaign logo.

Also I'd like to thank again ericgolf, because he was kind enough to make a Download
Template in HTML, because I don't know how to :D Thanks ericgolf, don't know what I've done without you ;)

And last, I'd like to say I am the storywriter. I was mainly in charge of making all the story.
So let's leave talking for later, download the map, and, to battle! Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating, if you're kind enough!

Update:

The update is minor, there is no need of downloading again. I have updated the map of Léugìm with a newer version and have changed the file and map name.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
WWE_FAN_CRO I have a question How have you hosted your pictures on this site?
Lord Michael I
Staff
File Author
They are not hosted here. They are hosted on another site and I used a HTML code to show the images. Are you familiar with HTML?
WWE_FAN_CRO how to do it lol. i used imagesnack.us and i dont know how to host the images.
Lord Michael I
Staff
File Author
I am not familiar with imageshack as I use photobucket, but I suppose that when you upload the image some tags will appear below the image? They should say something like "HTML tag" or "BB Tag". Does it appear? Anyways, copy what is in the tag that is titled "HTML tag", and paste it where you want it to appear.
WWE_FAN_CRO Thanks very much i will try it out :P
WWE_FAN_CRO i have 1 more question.How do you make fonts that are thicker than other?
Lord Michael I
Staff
File Author
You have to use the headings code.
You type (h2) and (/h2) and write what you want to be bigger between the two headings codes. If you change the numbers in the code, you will have different sizes. The bigger the number, the smaller the letters will be. If I'm not wrong this code reaches 5. So if you type (h5) (/h5) instead, you will have smaller letters.

Oh, yes. Remember to change the ( ) with < >

[Edited on 09/19/07 @ 01:07 PM]

WWE_FAN_CRO were or how to get a code?
WWE_FAN_CRO Do i see my image when i host it?
Sulis WWE_FAN_CRO, please keep your general discussions to the forums, not the downloads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7
Balance5.0