Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Stronghold: Freebuilds and Landscapes » The valley Rhoswen-Lady of the Rose-By WarLord_Designs

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The valley Rhoswen-Lady of the Rose-By WarLord_Designs

Author File Description
WarLord_Designs
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Minimap:
Greetings again from the WarLords,

we are pleased to bring you our latest creation,

The valley Rhoswen-Lady of the Rose.

We hope you enjoy it. Here is part of the story, the rest can be found int the zipfile.

WL_D

“Long have the fog covered highlands of our beloved Scotland watched over the clans. Like a bitch nursing her wee pups, her watch over them is relentless; a tender love that can only be shared between the mother and her offspring. One does not go far without the other, such goes the bond of kin, and such is the bond between a Scot and his beloved Scotland…
To a Scot the past clings-like sand to wet feet, and is carried about like a burden.
And though the past is forever moving away, it seems that no matter how hard you try to forget, it is always waiting just out of sight, but I tell you what lads, it sneaks up on you like days gone by, and it scares the bloody shit out of you…”

Suddenly the door flew open and the large bosom of Mrs McGregor filled the door.

“For Christ’s sake, I’ve told you before! Stop telling the wee lads those bloody stories you’ll frighten them half to death. ”

Mr McGregor turned to face his wife, shortly after he had rolled his eyes for all of us to see.

“Oh will I now?” he asked. “Cause it seems like it’s your cooking that scares them most.”

“For god’s sake William there’s no sense in you, start acting your age man, I swear the men in this town are fools, the lot of you.”

“Oh, we are, are we?”

“Yeah, you are. So go on telling your stupid stories, but when your son comes crying in the night, and is as wet as the sea, don’t pretend like you can’t hear him or I’ll break a log over your bloody head.”

The room filled with laughter and accused bed wetter James McGregor sent a fair punch the way of his best friend-and before long eleven young lads started rolling around in a hair pulling, arm biting frenzy. Before she left, Mrs McGregor paused and looked over her shoulder at the disturbance that had stumbled into her house on such a fine day.

“And if my cooking’s so bad, you can go without tonight,” she said as she stepped out of her house...
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Dougleass yay, got it! second download!

[Edited on 10/18/07 @ 10:33 AM]

Llungki pey
(id: younghappy)
Awesome! I read the story on the DL page, I trust there is more in the zip file. So a Scottish based map, good idea!

Downloading now.
Llungki pey
(id: younghappy)
I've read the whole story. The story by itself is a masterpiece and I haven't even played the mapyet .

It really sets the scene, I'm now building for a reason...not just for the criac of it!!

It get's very sad in the end...you have a good way with words. Do you do any proffesional writing?
Lord William1234 Geez, this map looks good. I will download it as soon as I can.

The only problem is the curse words in the comments...I really am not a fan of it.

[Edited on 10/18/07 @ 12:38 PM]

Dumptrailer2 ITS FINALLY HERE!

*Does happy dance while downloading*

Looks Great :D
Lord Tanthos Oh...my...goodness...

That minimap is by far the most amazing minimap I have ever seen. It looks soooo realistic. It looks like you're actually flying over the mountains!
WarLord_Designs
File Author
Thanks for all the comments guys, great to hear that your reactions are good ones,it always makes it worth the effort. Hope you enjoy building to your hearts content.

Younghappy-I took a literature class in my last year of high school, but that’s about it. I do like to draw an paint so that helps me build scenes, I really look at writing as art, just like music is as well (I cant sing well, lol)

No professional writing, though I would like to write a novel or something…one day, of course its easier said then done.

And sorry about the few curse words, i really tried to build a mood and if i tried to fiddle with the words, it just didn't work.

I don't aim to offend anyone, simply create a mood. Sorry if I have.

Alexus.

[Edited on 10/18/07 @ 09:37 PM]

Lord William1234 You haven't offended me, I just don't like curse words. Thats all.

Great map: Do you think you could turn it into an invasion? I think it has the capacity for it!
WarLord_Designs
File Author
Thats good to hear,

At the moment we are working on a new invasion, so thats our priority at the moment.

Good to hear that you all are having a good time playing our map. :)
Lord Karpathea YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NEW WARLORD MAP!!!

Karpathea happy......and......downloading.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0