Author File Description
Antithesis
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Number of Players: 3
Balance: Unbalanced
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:
hi guys, I've been a longtime downloader here at Stronghold Heaven, but I've never really submitted anything myself. So I decided to test the waters with this first map, after looking at other good mapmakers, like Sulis, Surajsubba, and many others. Here's the story:

The river waters trickle softly through their course, and deer graze peacefully nearby. The area is lush and green, and shrubs grow near the river. The nearby hills are rich in minerals and stone as well. Your two brothers have accompanied you here, as well as your knights and some peasants. You plan to settle the area and carve out a place in the world. However, when gold is found in the nearby hills, it drives your brothers mad. You are no longer brothers, but sworn enemies. Will you defend yourself and try to make peace, or will you slay your brothers and take the gold for yourself?

It is a multiplayer map that works best with humans, but it should work with AI, as long as the ones who build huge castles ( i.e. Wolf, Sheriff) don't have the bottom position.

Reviews, comments, and criticism appreciated!

PS: Keep in mind this is my first map, FYI.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Venomrider Very good map for your first the mountains are very nice with the rivers flowing in and nearby with the placement of the players finishing the landscape is very nice,keep up the good work!!!

I couldn't agree with you more that seeing expert's work and using it to bolster your own knowledge of the game and it's editor is a very good way to learn to make great maps.
Antithesis
File Author
Thanks Venomrider! I'm currently working on another map as we speak - hopefully with the experience it'll be even better.

Anyone care to review? Reviews and additional comments appreciated!
von Schmidt As venomrider says, a very good map for a first. People dont usually start turning out maps like this until later. I didnt have nice grass till my second map, and Ive only started making mountains like those with iron and stone in my last few maps. Nice work!
Antithesis
File Author
Thanks! I really tried to make the grass and terrain look natural, but it took a lot of effort! =)

My second map is uploaded as well now - Tainted Water. It's an invasion. To all who are reading this: reviews and comments appreciated, and downloads too! Perhaps someone could rate my map? My utmost thanks to anyone who would trouble themselves to do so.

[Edited on 12/20/07 @ 02:18 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:436
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:439.19 KB