Download File Post Review Post Comment

Tainted Water

Author File Description
Antithesis
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:
This is my second map, and I genuinely tried to make this one good. Download and enjoy! (Not to mention review as well =P)

<---- STORY ---->

The thunder and crash of flying boulders fills the air, the deadly projectiles crushing men underneath. The walls shudder, and clouds of dust and debris billow up, but the walls hold. Arrows hiss through the air, like a thousand rain drops. The creak and groan of wooden siege engines is scarce heard amid the shouts and shrieks of dying men.It is a hellish scene, and no sight for a boy, of ten or eleven years, crouching and whimpering in a dimly lit corner of the besieged castle.Then, a great crash splits the air, and the besiegers raise a loud cheer: the wall has been breached. Hundreds of men pour through the breach, while archers fire hastily into the heaving, sweating, and bleeding mass of armored bodies, hoping to thin their ranks. But it is of no use - the attackers have penetrated the walls, and are now close to breaching the secondary walls. Assassins scale the walls, and a battering ram threatens to knock down the gate. The castle defenders fight valiantly, but the besiegers are too much for them - within an hour, the secondary wall is breached, and the assassins swarm the castle's lord, killing him. The battle is over, and the castle is taken.

Twenty years later, a tall, well-built man rides through the same gatehouse that was breached one score years ago. Behind him are soldiers - archers, crossbowmen, swordsmen, and pikemen. A caravan of supplies follows them, enough to last them about a month. You are this man, the son of the slain lord. You have returned here to reclaim your castle and your honor, and to avenge your father as well. You are no longer a frightened, ten-year old boy - you are a true lord, a wise, battle-hardened leader of men. When you arrive at your father's castle, you are surprised to see it uninhabited, and in ruins as well. It seems the Arabian bandits who slew your father did not want to live in a place where so many men had died. But is not the world a place where thousands of men have died? It is, and yet we balk not at living in it. Settle the area, rebuild and repair your rightful castle, and avenge your father on these heathen bandits. But beware: the bandits will use all manner of tactics to undermine you, both discreet and indiscreet.

<---- DIRECTIONS ---->

This scenario is simple: fight off the Arab attacks to ensure your fledgling estate is not destroyed like your father's, and avenge his death. However, your castle is in ruins, and you must repair it and rebuild your buildings and farms. Be sure to get lots of padding in terms of your popularity, as the bandits have been known to set fires and poison resources. Conserve your troops and rebuild an economy quickly, as when the invasions start, you will not have much peacetime in between. Fortunately, you have two or three years at the beginning to settle in; use those years wisely.

Also, take a look at my other map, A Small Quarrel. Reviews, comments, and criticism all appreciated!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
BloodyAnnoying oh man, I wish I could use Stronghold Crusader! (mac user)
Your maps look fantastic.

[Edited on 12/20/07 @ 03:29 AM]

Antithesis
File Author
Thanks! Yeah, it's too bad SHC doesn't play on macs...my school has macs, and we can never play any games - Halo, SH, SHC... Perhaps you can get a hold of a pc somehow and review my map? =P
von Schmidt I think you can get stronghold for macs, but it may be out of print now...

Anyway, this looks like another amazing map. I going to dl and may or may not review.

[Edited on 12/20/07 @ 03:12 PM]

TheTwilightKing I liked this scenario really much. You've spent a lot of work in it and it's a worthy result.
Antithesis
File Author
Thanks Twilight King! Yeah, I paid attention to every detail, in terrain and the castle. I especially tried to make the waterfall and the ruins look realistic too.

All reviews and comments appreciated!
Da Jamzo that looks amazing!

btw how do i get cede maps to work??
Antithesis
File Author
Thanks Da Jamzo! Umm...I 'm not too familiar with cede maps. Perhaps you should ask on the forums? I'm sure somebody there would know.
surajsubba Da Jamzo,
Post your queries following the link below at the forums:
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=t&fn=4

Welcome to Stronghold Heaven

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics