Download File Post Review Post Comment

Of Swords and Apples

Author File Description
Antithesis
File Details
Map Size: 200x200 (Small)
Difficulty: Hard
Minimap:
Hi guys, this is my third map, and it is my second invasion. I'm a fairly new submitter, but I've been a longtime downloader. Take a look at my other two maps - A Small Quarrel, and Tainted Water.

<---- STORY ---->
The sight that greets your eyes is one for sore eyes. A small settlement, tiny as it may be, means rest and water for you and your men. As you ride into the small market square, children gather around at a safe distance, wide-eyed. A weary looking man-at-arms approaches you, and greets you.
"You are from Lord Lafevre?"
"Aye," you reply. "We've come to protect your village from the bandits that have recently raided other villages."
"We are most grateful for your troubles, milord. Follow me."
You and your men are fed and given rest. The man who greeted you was the sheriff, and proceeds to show you the defences. Bandits have raided and torched the outlying villages, and Lord Lafevre, the 7th Baron of Auxerres-sur-Chassaud, has sent troops to reinforce his longheld lands in the Holy Land. After two years of fighting, he will not give them up easily. The village lies on a river, and traders and caravans often stop here to rest. Apple orchards and wheat fields lie by the riverside, shops and bakeries are crowded together in the village, and old, decrepit stone towers watch the worn road past the village. The bandits will attack from across the river, and must cross the two branches of the river before they can reach the village. A tower guards the fields, but it may not be enough. There is a stone quarry behind the village; use it to your advantage. But during your walk with the sherriff, he suddenly stops talking. Squinting into the distance, he curses. A cloud of dust can be seen billowing up miles away - the raiders approach.

<---- DIRECTIONS ---->

You are here to reinforce and protect the village. There are women and children here - do not let them be slain. Use the chokepoints to your advantage, and reinforce the defenses. A stone quarry lies in the rear, so you use it to your advantage as well. The men you brought will not hold off all of the attacks; recruit militia and arm them with weapons produced by the shops. Every man is valuable; do not send melee troops in right away, but weaken the attackers with arrows first. Be careful - the road may not be the only way into the village.

Enjoy the map! Reviews, comments, and criticism all appreciated!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
TheTwilightKing I'll play it right now.^^
Antithesis
File Author
And hopefully review? =P
TheTwilightKing I might...,
But I'm a kind off, busy right now.
Da Jamzo ummmm how do i get cede castle maps to work?

this map looks awesome. im gonna rate it and play it now
Antithesis
File Author
Thanks Da Jamzo! And in answer to your cede castle question, see my comment in Tainted Water. Or, if going over there is too great a distance, I'll answer here =P. Check around on the forums; the people here are nice people - someone's bound to give you a good answer.

Anyways, I appreciate the coming review!

[Edited on 12/24/07 @ 10:01 AM]

Antithesis
File Author
Hmm...well, I suppose he won't review...
Antithesis
File Author
All reviews, comments, and downloads appreciated!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:277
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:334.58 KB
Added:12/21/07