Fintrollx
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Normal
Minimap:

Turku Castle -
By Fintrollx

HISTORY:

Turku Castle is the largest Castle in Finland.it was built in the 12- century. then after the finland was set to the Kingdom of Sweden the castle was made stronger. After second World war the castle was damaged and needed to be repair becouse of Soviet airstrikes against Finland. Nowdays the castle is used as an Medieval musem and sightseeing of Turku, it is also the most important sightseeing for Turku.
Also medieval partys have been made in the castle. I have also visited many times in the castle myself. Turku was a capital city of Finland before Helsinki.

STORY:

It's a January, year 1381. Enemy troops have destroyed the villages around Turku castle and are ready to siege it, they have catapults and siege towers, they have more men, they have better weapons. But can the defenders, the Brave warrios of Finland protect it from such a massive attack. Your either Defend or Attack the castle, faith of the castle is in your hands. The battle will be bloody...

(This map is Response to the 'Duke of Yorks medieval castle challenge) Hope you like it!

Good Luck & Have fun!

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Knightly_Maps I actually had to double check that you were the same Fintrollx that had spewed forth from the depths of the editor so many maps in such a quick time.

And you are!
This is an incredible achievement! Well done! :D
Llungki pey
(id: younghappy)
OOh! Very well made indeed!

Good castle design and competent landscape design. I hope to see more from you in the future :)
Monkcrazy5 Fintrollx deserves the most improved award! Amazing map design, i'll check it out.
CrusaderHero 1200 century? but now is 21 century, lol, didnt you meant year?
STreTcH23 Playability: 5
I enjoy seiges the most out of any other type of scenario and this one was a blast. Lots of unit types and enough action for me. Warrants a five in my book

Balance: 3
First time I played it I had 12% losses on normal. This was due to huge amounts of troop movement on my part. I brought every archer too the front 4 towers and used my pikemen to rush out to stop the gate from breaking. The enemy didn't breach the first gate. On very hard the seige weapons didn't work for some reason resulting in a 0% losses for me. Another problem was the houses on each side of the map. This diverted enemy troops making it much easier to defend the main castle.

Creativity: 5
An impressive castle design with a nice array of towers and walls.Some nice ruins on the side as well.

Map Design: 4.5
Sets the stage for a massive castle defense in the middle of the valley. A nice bridge as well. Nothing really hinders the game play, but it is not good enough for a five.

Story/Instructions: 3
Basic story and instructions

Additional Comments:
Great map keep on designing them
Fintrollx
File Author
Yeh it was my mistake in the century thing im just bad in english but now it's correct i guess. Ty Stretch23 for reviews and all others for comments, more reviews and comments are welcome!
Alien Lord92 Yay :)

Finally something from our country :)

I didn't even remember that it looked so beautiful. Yes, i have visited the castle.

And btw. Turku was once the capital of Finland too ;)

[Edited on 04/22/08 @ 09:18 AM]

The Hitman I absolutely like this one... it would look even better if it had snow, but nvrmnd I'll accept it happens in the summer :)
Daltour For some reason, I only liked defending, but a great castle made this map a true siege with no doubt.
Fintrollx
File Author
More reviews and comments are all welcome, don't be shy! i want to know what more people think of this map.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,330
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:629.79 KB