Synyster
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Number of Players: 4
Balance: Balanced
Difficulty: Easy
Minimap:
Ghost Town

Ghost Town is a map that has been in the works for quite some time. I believe I started it around the beginning of April, and it has been finished on May 12, 2008. Following the release of The Flooded Lands, I wanted a map that could be used with AI characters. I started with no real intention in mind, just making an old, worn-down town. And from there it snowballed. And here, Ghost Town, is what resulted. Enjoy.

**STORY**
-------------
Long ago, the town of Ak-Mazjhad flourished in the middle of the Morhanda Basin. This basin was, and is still, a very fertile land: three rivers cascade into the lower basin; mountains surround the outside to ward off invaders and the far desert beyond… what more could a small town ask for? It all seemed a perfect paradise. But nothing lasts forever. Even the most glorious, thriving, happy, and plentiful places can be tainted by the cold, dark, ruthless evil that seeps into the unemotional hearts of wicked men. And so these men found their way over the mountains. They came in the dead of night with fire, horses, spears, and a thirst for blood. The men moved on. Years passed. Now, 367 years later, you and three other lords are fighting for rights to this fertile land. Will history repeat itself? A treacherous slaughter? Or an honorable battle that bards will sing of for ages? The choice is yours.

**AI**
------
AI's do work on this map. Be careful, though, when in the top corners of the map. The AI's can stop each other from building because of the proximity of the keeps. But as far as I've tested, they work.

Expect a few more maps fairly soon, I've been busy lately!

Thanks alot,

Synyster
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The Hitman Not bad map at all... just the grey letters would be unreadable on brighter monitors. Try biege next time :D

[Edited on 05/13/08 @ 01:02 PM]

Synyster
File Author
Sorry about that... entered the wrong hexadecimal code when I was typing it.

Fixed. :)
Synyster
File Author
over 100 dl's... comments please?
The Hitman No need of comments... The downloads speak about the map's quality better :)
Synyster
File Author
Wise words, Hitman. I just like to know the details and what could be improved upon.
AZ ViTrAzhAs A bit more details near the players' keeps would look well - some rocks and grass, signs of scrub, small rocks, a few plants, a small hill possibly. This makes the map livelier and eye catching :)
OzE_PyRoLeGion Unwise Words Hitman, Comments and Reviews speak louder than downloads- over 60% of most maps downloads are random people who just downloaded it coz the name looks good, i know...before i joined HG, i was of them!
Anyway, looks good, but it would be cooler if you could only get to each other Via the Town, anyway nice map..:P
Dragol
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.5
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Was a really fun map I found that there was a good amout of reasources, not to much or not to little.
Balance: 4
Was fairly balanced but I realised that some starting places had Iron and or stone closer than the others and some places had to share their resouces. I also noticed the Bottom left spot was a bad place to be as you had to share with the top left players for stone and iron and there was little grassland compared to the other people. Nevertheless it wasnt too un balanced in my opinion

Creativity: 5
I loved the idea of a destroyed town in the middle of the map i really liked it and thourght it was really creative :)

Map Design: 3.5
Was a good design 1 thing I found though.. the AI seemed to actually attack the buildings in the centre of the map and i think you should of just went with the ruins instead of real buildings (also the guy in the market trying to sell stuff looked funny too :) )

Story/Instructions: 5
Story was great ^^

Additional Comments:
Really fun map loved the ghost town in the middle but the AIs setting it on fire was kinda weird but funny.
skyfrier nice map, it really is a fun functional map that is perfect for Lan games.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0