Fintrollx
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Hard
Minimap:

Mines of Richmond -
By Fintrollx

STORY

Long time ago in February 1247, King of Dalmond called Jonh Ylmer hears of an iron rich mine located in a land of Barnesia, the mines are called "Richmond" becouse they are so resource rich. But Jonh Ylmer has also heard that Barnesia comes from the name of evil reputated man called Boprok Barnes he is an slaver and has employees and guards which keep his settlement under control, he has torture chambers and other devices to scare his slaves to make work, he also owns a large food production site not far away from Richmond. So Jonh Ylmer send his forces to qonquer the mines and kill the evil lord and his bretheren. As the Ylmers forces came the Barnesia they saw two outposts which needed to be taken care of, they decided to attack to the outposts and they succeeded, but fast Boprok sended reinforcements and they surrounded the surviving archers and few engineers to the outposts, they are trapped inside, and they have not much time left before Boprok manages an attack, but luckily some of the troops managed to sneak out from the attack fastly, they are now in between the outposts and they need to save their allies to succeed in the mission. They need to use the land strategic and decide what are the good place for attacks, the food production needs to be destroyed also, but it is heavily guarded like the place of Boprok Barnes himself, can the brave men of Jonh Ylmer succeed in this hard time mission or will they be executed by Barnes...

Objectives
-Kill Boprok Barnes
-Eliminate his Employees
-Capture Richmond Mines

Secondary Objectives
-Destroy Barnesia Food production

Author's Notes

special thanks to Ericgolf for helping with the Map!

People have been complaining that this map is way too hard, it is hard but not impossible at all, so here are the hints & tips to make sure everyone reads them and use them!

Hints & Tips for "Mines of Richmond" -by Fintrollx

-Starting of the map is important part of your success in your quest, play it slow as you want and research enemy movements first.

-Remember the Unit weaknesses and Strongness.. example. Pikemen are very resisted to arrows, Knights take alot damage from crossbows. Crossbows can shoot archers with one shot. use these as your advantage, play wise!

-Engineers extremely useful. example. for destroying towers

-The tower in the middle can shoot extremely far. stay away from it until you have what you need to destroy it.

-"Attack Here" will be useful to kill enemies from distances that enemy can't harm you.

-The place where you attack is important, save and think what you do before doing anything, make different saves and try different ways of approaching enemy without losing units.

-Food production is heavily guarded but it has big weakness.

-This is not easy map, don't lose men for nothing.

-Sneak your way to the keep of Boprok Barnes to be able to take out the Guards on the walls.

-Even though crossbowmen are stronger than regular archers, the archers are very important for an important task in the mission

Have fun & Good luck!!!

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
RhOdZi Looks like another great map 6th download :)
The Hitman like always :)
Duke_Of_Leeds I would say the smae looks like a another fantastic map,You get better and better as you go along great work.
The Hitman moats like rivers... looks just fantastic! *smirking* thumbs up! I'll rate this one if I find time and defeat my lazyness :)
Fintrollx
File Author
Cool Hitman, but good luck beating the map also :)
Monkcrazy5 Splendid!
The Hitman Kinda hard for me. I wish I could rate it, sorry.
Fintrollx
File Author
i Understand your words Hitman as the authour i had myself hard time and many tries beating this map, but after you are researched the enemy movements in the start, you are able to lost so much less troops that it is very more easy after start when you can take a deep breath and plan you next move.
The Hitman I guess I have to first take control of the castle, so I could recruit more troops. The hard part is that my troops are in many different corners of the map and controling them at the same time would be a diffucltie even on speed 20.
ericgolf
Staff
I think you need to play the early part of the map real slow.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:450
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:982.16 KB