Siege of Sabac

Author File Description
buczekk
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Hard
Minimap:
Hello all!

My first stronghold map, after 2 weeks of working it's finished. Sorry that I didn't write a long history, maybe in my next project I will write something longer. Now something about the map, the nature isn't so great, I wanted to create a great looking fortress. Also you won't get any stone at the start because I didn't want to make a situation when the PC shoots your gate and you fix it. The map I think is hard because you must be fast, you must know when the PC will brake your first lines, 2nd etc., and push your units to the next defence lines.

Hope you enjoy it!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The Hitman This is how to do it! Watch and leeern xDDD Well done mate as for a first map. The 2 weeks worth it ;) Thumbs up!

Me has submitted a review, comming up soon!

[Edited on 06/29/08 @ 05:18 AM]

de keijzer for a first map.. no for a normal map too that looks like a great castle. if the ai does his work well then you have proven that you are capable of making good castle's. maybe the terraining skills come later or you can start a cöoperation with someone who can.( like warlord_disigns ) keep up the good work. keep spending decent amount of time on your map that really really works( take an example to fintrollx: he first made a lot of quick to make very sucky maps. but now his patience has grown stronger and he makes beautiful maps since then ) i will download and maybe write a review about it(never wrote a review :d)
The Hitman
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.5
Story/Instructions4.0
The map is awesome for a first try, I congratulate you for this! You have large possibilies.
Playability: 4.5
Well, all great here. I had to use my brain again! There was a barrack, I had to recruit crossbowmen and some pikemen for defense. I ordered to the engineers to get pots with oil and prepared for an epic battle. I even amde a second wooden wall over the keep. However when the enemi destroyed my first gate, I ordered to all trebuchets to fire cows onto the ruins, so everyone who passes will get ill. I got so many cows that the first swordsmen wave just disappeared :D That was a good one, but I think it needs much more attacking forces to be at least normal. You marked it as hard, I mark it as easy. I don't give 5, because it's easy, even for me, me who is intermediate :) Still good for beginners map!

Balance: 5
Good balance, I didn't had lack of army but didn't had a rush of soldiers too. Though the enemi couldn't get near the second castle ring if you are a good strateg,s till enough swordsmen to make you sweat, IF you forget to use the stinky cows :P

Creativity: 5
Great castle! Love it's round looks, the trenches outside it and catapults on walls :) I don't think the arrows at the bottom is something realistic, just the great castle compensate it ;)

Map Design: 3.5
I don't want to give you this rating here, but it's like this: the castle design is flawless, but the terrain is... A little bit better than normal. Perhaps some more shrubs, types of terrain and trees should do the trick. As I am sweating down here at 38 degrees, the people of this castle have a cool river, with a bridge, "concrate" path to the castle :D and cool round walls 8-) I saw editor tricks and a bridge too, well done with he castle. It deserves a five, but the terrain lowers le score :(

Story/Instructions: 4
Well, it's better than nothing. I'll consider you're not english (like me) and it's an obstacle to write a story. Still you have instructions, which compensate this.

Additional Comments:
Well you could be really a mighty mapmaker, if and only if you learn to make the design better ;) Everything else is fine and worths downloading :) Try downloading some (for ex.) WarLord_Designs' map, view it trough the editor and try to make similar, it should work. Hope we'll see again your maps! Welcome to Stronghold Heaven.

P.S. Sorry for my weird english.
Roshko Why did I have to delete Stronghold...why?
Fintrollx Nice map, the castle i mean it is really cool and big, i think you didn't took alot on time on the terraining outside the castle but the castle is fantastic. so much towers, gates, archers. but this was the biggest problem like i thought.. the balance, the SH AI. At first i just commanded all my archers to protect the main gate and it worked really well, at normal they couldnt breach the first gate, i lost only 7% troops, i only used archers on that.

at very hard it was way more fun, becouse of the crazy massive attack, i had the same strategy but now it didnt work perfectly, the enemy couldnt break the first main gate on this either but since i put all my archers to main gate they breached the wall on the right top corner, then i pulled back to the last stronghold, the keep. i had over 100archers there protecting it so they couldnt break the huge walls, causing me to lose only 49% of my troops at the battle. but as a first map this is fantastic, the only problem was the balance.
great job on this map, keep it up! -fintrollx
RhOdZi Fantastic map ,One question though .How do you get your workers already at their working stations and working before you start the map?

Thanks RhOdZi
buczekk
File Author
play your map, save it, enter your saves folder, change .sav to .map and put the map in to your maps folder
RhOdZi Thanks man that will help me for my next map,By the way well done for your first map i just released my first map just a few weeks ago and this is brill.

[Edited on 06/29/08 @ 04:07 PM]

Lord Dredde What can i say-5 star map,well thought,well constructed.great all round.LD

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0