Kikun Chinick River Valley

Author File Description
lord_yoshi
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Easy
Made with version: 1
Minimap:
Young Feren Ilun (future Sir Fonockle) and his fellow squires were reading an old book of wisdom at an old library located few miles away from the ancient river valley of Kikun Chinick. The story tells: "And the king had no choice other than do what the magi said: the land must prosper, food must be gathered for sacrifices for the gods, stone must be used for the construction of new chapels and churches. All this is needed in order to please the Sacred Wolves, who must NOT be eradicated for they are holy. The land is safe from invasions and bandits, but the holy animals might attack us and still we mustn't kill all of them..." After finishing reading the story Feren Ilun and the other squires rode back to the town and asked the bishop about the story. "Was this story true, bishop Minumus?" the boys asked. "Yes, but they were never able to sacrifice to the Wolf Gods. You see, when the wolves ate the food delivered by the magi, they were eaten, too and in the end the whole population as well."

This economics mission has plenty of rivers and waterfalls and some ruins of old castles, so if you like water maps then this map is for you!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Jayhawk
Staff
Hail lord yoshi
I really like the look of the map, as you say a 'wet' map. One thing that is confusing, is that you've got most of the buildings that are part of the ruins as part of your holdings. I've seen miller boys wander off to a mill in the woods and found a brewery hidden in another ruin. Yet another ruin contains a chapel.

I haven't finished the game yet, but it seems I can get all the stone I need by breaking down the various ruins.

I'll give it a real go and a rating! as soon as I can find some time :) but assumed you'd appreciate the comments.
Vargard
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Really nice map.It felt really like "build a great city from nothing".Really nice map design, too.Try it!
Hanarky
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Lots of space to build. Relaxing economic mission with a lot of goals to fulfill. Just what I like.
Dianna125
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
I had a great time playing this map. A challenge with trying not to kill ALL of the animals while still attempting to set up the city. I ended up deleting all but one of the ruins, since it proved to be very dangerous to wander around. All in all, a fun map.
Bulletproof
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Lots of space to build, a lot of goals, and no bandits! Just what I like. Could've lowered the population goal, though. Lord Yoshi must've put a lot of time into this map. I look forward to more!!
NAT
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Relaing map with fun goals to get - I loved the trees all over the map and the ruins (which I did destroy to use thier stone). This map really feels like a free build but it has great goals. I sailed through this map, my economy bursting thoughout the valley. The best goal is my opinion was the complete caslle won which gave some structure to my settlement. The valley is very well designed, really good rivers. The map is also creative, good idea with all the wolves on the map. There is a nice storyline accompaning this map. Overall I would recommend this map to anyone - it is great to play and on such nice map design and is very satisfying to complete. Good Work!
peter2008 First of all, this is a very beautiful map.
It plays as a freebuild exercising the fantastic economic power to be found in Stronghold 1. (For Crusader, you may compare Mike's Missions.)
One goal is quite high, 240 people on normal.
But there is no trouble with it.
The "easy" state of difficulty applies even on very hard.
Playing requires some thinking of the outline of such an immense castle. Leave space for many parts of the granary.
Some dates for orientation on very hard:
480 people, double rations possible.
16 inns, one per 30 people.
Score of some 180.000 due to gold income, lol.

Interesting that I did not need endless chapels
to get those people blessed by 30%.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.4