Battle of Artemisium

Author File Description
PAlAT
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
Made with version: 1.1
Minimap:
The battle of Artemisium was a naval battle fought between the city states of greece and the Persians coincedentaly during the famous Battle of Thermopylae. Historically the Persians won the battle but I changed the story a bit. In the end both sides suffered heavy losses.

To win defeat the enemy lord and 120 persians by boarding ships and crossing islands. This is my first map ive made so please comment. And sorry for any grammatical errors.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
peter2008 Phew, I'm just a farmer type of player. So first I hesitated to enter this sea battle. Now I'm very glad I did.
It proved to be an exciting map. The fleets have already locked jaws and fighting is running at three spots simultaneously. All the Crusader units appear, European and Arabian swordsmen making up the big bulks.
Here's to be found an excellent exercise in ranged fighting. Height advantages and lines of sight vary heavily, between the ships and even between their superstructures. Once a line of my swords charged towards the very high ship in the south-east. For some time they came under fire of the archers there, in between came out of sight and finally entered a shooting ground again. Only when they had destroyed the railing, my marksmen had a chance to hit the defenders.
Palat, you have put a lot of succesful effort and fun into creating all these vessels and manning them. Among them are supply boats, big transporters and great galleons.
Thanks a lot.

[Edited on 01/25/09 @ 06:10 AM]

PAlAT
File Author
Thanks peter2008 for the comment!
markyzas Whew, nice map i like it... This is a cool map with like our technology - ships, nice... Make more of cool maps... cya! :)
PAlAT
File Author
There's a spot in the map where assassins can attack your troops but you can't attack back because of wall height differences... its on one of the boats, so watch out!
Eaogrim Map looks good i might download it and play :)
PAlAT
File Author
Eaogrim, well its actually been three months since ive uploaded this map but just a tip: try pausing the game a lot to get an idea of what the enemies' like. :)
Eaogrim Ok will do :)
Eaogrim
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 4
It has been great I haven’t finished it I got close I managed to get up to the lord and then my troops got shot down by the Arab Archers found it is one of those missions where you have to play it over and over no bugs in game I didn’t get bored once ! :D

Balance: 4
I found it quite hard but thats just me and i enjoyed it tried about 3 times gotta try again

Creativity: 4
I liked how all the units started in different places and some started out in battle i liked the sea battle you created don't see things like that very often.

Map Design: 5
Perfect! I thought the boats were real and you made a few paths to travel on so there wasn't no choice on which way to go.The map looked natural.You had to travel along boats and get to the enemies Island and defeat their lord

Story/Instructions: 3
Story explained the scene well and it was good how you changed the story because you have to play the winning side even though they lost :D

Additional Comments:
Battle of Artemisium.... Download it if you like getting straight into the action and challenging battles. Very Nice Work Palat I want to see more of your maps.

[Edited on 04/26/09 @ 04:50 AM]

PAlAT
File Author
Thanks very much for your generous review, Eaogrim. ;D

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating