Author File Description
Kula_Dhad
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1.2
Minimap:
Story:

The king’s snoopy herald overheard you talking in the pub last night and then told the King. According to him, you slandered the King and how he runs things. As the King’s only heir, he can’t kill you. Instead he decides that if you’re so smart, you can run the kingdom for a while. Before leaving on vacation though, he issues a proclamation to the villagers about how you hate Lithopolis and everyone in it. Also, he casually mentions that he has arranged a “war game” and a massive army is already outside the castle. You have to raise everyone’s spirits, and gather up an army before you’re destroyed. If you can defeat over 1000 troops before the time limit runs out you will have proven yourself to your
father. Good Luck!

Author’s Notes:

This was intended to be a sort of eye-candy map using stone walls and editor tricks to encompass the whole map. This actually took a very long time to build (over 4 months in spare time) and I hope you enjoy it. I was inspired by several other map designers including UnikUnok, Listbaldia, and many others.
Note: Lithopolis means” City of stone” and is of Greek origin. My intent with this map was to create several Roman and Greek historically inspired features to create a city in a fictional setting.

Sights on the map:

• A Roman inspired sea port with merchant ships and an inner protected military harbor.
• A Roman inspired Stadium theater simulating two trireme boats (using pike men as oarsmen) attacking each other with archers.
• A Jousting Arena and two Polo matches.
• A large natural forest protected by spiked stone walls.
• A small monastery(directly above the village) and large Labyrinth in the shape of a cross
• A Multi-tiered Castle with multiple Keeps
• Several fountains and aqueducts to supply water to the farmers and inhabitants
• Water powered wheat mills
• A large open pool and heated bath
• A small Menagerie (ancient name for Zoo) featuring rabbits, deer, bears, and wolves.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Lord Dredde This ia a great map you have here,have you considered adding a few screenshots to showcase it?
Kula_Dhad
File Author
Thanks lord dredde! I'll make a new thread in the map room forum showcasing the map.

[Edited on 05/28/09 @ 12:50 AM]

The Dragonheart Looks... complicated. Nah, it looks great! Good work.
Kula_Dhad
File Author
I see a lot of downloads - Great! any reviews?
Hereticlord It's a nice map, but I can't say that I find it fun to play it. It is so easy and there's like nothing to do...
Blue Ghost It crashes when the first disease and fire event come around.
Kula_Dhad
File Author
Blue Ghost, thanks for trying out my level. I created it several years back. I'll try to look at it in my steam version and see if it has a glitch due to the updated version of stronghold

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:435
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:1.96 MB
Added:05/24/09