Author File Description
Josh2013
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Normal
Made with version: 1.2
Minimap:
My first map at Stronghold Heaven!

The year is 1651, and England is once again invading Scotland! Oliver Cromwell, the Lord Protector of England, has sent his New Model Army lead by General Overton, to siege Dunnottar Castle. Despite Dunnottars Strategic positon overlooking the shipping lanes to Northern Scotland, Cromwell seeks a greater prize, the Scottish Royal Regalia! The Scottish Regalia or Crown Jewels of Scotland, were left at Dunnottar by Charles II. As the govenor of Dunnottar, you, Sir George Oilvy of Barras, must prepare the castle for Cromwells army and defend the Regalia from falling into English hands. You must stockpile enough wheat so as to not be starved out, and Defend the Castle from Cromwells New Model Army.

The Fist half of the mission is basicaly an economic mission, with the goal of Stockpiling wheat in a certain amount of time, while managing a tough economy and dealing with bad events. What makes the fist half of the mission unique, is there are no invasions, yet you need to raise an army not just to fight off bandits and wolfs, but to hold off three large invasions at the end of the mission.

The rest of the story, as well as the history of Dunnottar and the Regalia are included in the zip file.

--------------------
Mission Updated 7/29/2009
--------------------
Update includes bug fixes such as Siege engines not attacking. Invasions are now bigger with less time in between. More scripting. Minor landscaping and building arragement changes. Killing pits enabled. The map is now in general more of a challenge.
--------------------

Feel free to comment/review.

Enjoy!
-Josh2013
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Lord_of_Hell Very nice terrain you made :)
Josh2013
File Author
Thanks, I worked realy hard to make the terrain as natural as possible.

How did you like the game play? To easy? To hard? Im the only one who play tested it and im new to Stronghold Heaven so dont realy know how i compare to others.

If you could review my map that would be awsome but thanks for the comment Lord_of_Hell.

-Josh2013
PAlAT Agreed, very nice terrain.
Lord_of_Hell Well, the map was a bit easy even on "hard". At description it should be noted on normal, not hard i think :)
Josh2013
File Author
Thanks for your opinion. I tested it again and I agree it is easier than I thought. To make it harder Im adding a little bit more Flexible Scripting, as well as less reinforcements. Im also trying to figure out why the enemies siege engines dont come half the time. Any suggestions on how to make it harder or better balanced would be apreciated.

I will try to update it in a few days.

-Josh2013
Lord_of_Hell In order to balance more the map, you can try to use the terrain in the enemy advantage. In this situation it's not quite possible but I can suggest to use the overwhelming process in the enemy forces. (Shorter saying, script more enemy troops ;) ) This will make your map harder and more balanced.

About the siege engines, i think there's a known bug which i don't remember precisely what's it about. But if you search in the forums, you'll surely find this subject already discussed ;)

By the way, I can suggest you a good map that could be inspiring for you. It's called 'The Deed to the lands VI'.

Want link? Here :)
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=5570

[Edited on 07/27/09 @ 06:13 AM]

Josh2013
File Author
Thanks for the suggestions LoH. I have the siege engines attacking finaly and that alone made it alot harder. If you woudn't mind playing it once more I could e-mail it to you, though you have already done more than enough. Also, I downloaded the map you suggested but havent had a chance to play it yet.

Thanks again LoH,
-Josh2013
Lord_of_Hell Well, very soon I'll leave in holidays so I don't have much time remaining to play your map. sorry.
I just wanted to help as much as possible i can before I leave. You have a great map-making talent.

Keep it going! ;)
Will surely look for your future maps ;)

[Edited on 07/27/09 @ 04:19 PM]

Josh2013
File Author
Have fun! Update is almost ready. I have the siege engines attacking, as well as increased the invasion size and reduced the time between invasions.

Also, I just downloaded your Troy map. It looks great and I can't wait to play it :)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:403
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:1.20 MB
Added:07/19/09