New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

White Roses

Author File Description
bobT aka Bob Taylor
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Normal

This economic mission is purely fictional and fun. Try to survive and fulfill the Kings requests. An adventure for everyone.

The King has felt threatened by the Dark Prince for some time now. You his citizens have been asked to aid in the Kings protection.

Have fun all.

bobT

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Hanarky
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Good designed map with a smooth gameplay.
Lord Lincoln
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
I'm new to Stronghold, but after initially thinking it was not too good a game, I have now seen the light! It is very complex, and I'm still struggling. However, I like this map, and it's given me many hours of fun, playing it over and over again!
devon
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
No problems as far as I could see! The waterfalls kinda slowed down my computer a bit, but that's probably because my computer sucks. :)

I found this one to be fun and not too difficult. After the insanely hard maps I've been playing lately, this one was a nice change! Well done.
Bulletproof
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Great map! Not too many bandits or animal threats (which is cool). The waterfall looked great. It's a good thing the merchant was available, because I chopped all the trees down. That was a nice touch--balancing the resources you could find on the map with those you had to purchase. Great map all around!
Dianna125
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Descent economic mission. I liked the layout of the map and the proximity of the quarry and signpost. I believe that this mission could have been more difficult, with some wolf attacks. I found it a challenge that there weren’t many trees in the area and that I didn’t have an apothecary. Overall, I liked this mission, and had to stay focused on my goal throughout. - Dianna
rocklicker
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance2.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
The scenario was pretty good overall, I just was not really a fan.

Not being a fan, I scored playability rather low. After a short time, the 3 or 4 repeating problems get a little old. Some of the goals seem a little silly -- ale coverage when you can't make barley farms, swords when you must buy iron and the like. I dunno...it wasn't bad, it just wasn't something I'd want to play again after beating it. I was honestly a bit bored.
Despite the repeating problems and "silly goals", the game actually was pretty easy. I beat it on normal my second time (got my Lord eaten by some bears the first). Perhaps a mini invasion upon castle completion, larger group of bandits, or a time limit could help this.
Creativity was good. The "silly goals" were away to make what seems to be a simple task harder. Decent looking map as well. Nice waterfall, fairly natural, several attack points, lots of useful land. Nothing real special, but nothing bad to say aout it.
The storyline was a bit long winded, like trying to get too much information all into one breath, but did it's job nonetheless. Good.
peter2008 A challenging scenario. The denseness of the opening obstacles was exciting. As looked some parts of the landscape, especially the stone quarry.
Sometimes, up to four bad events happen in the same month (deliberately triggered) which heavily damages popularity. Original, though it's cofusing when the messages are announced late after the bandits have been repelled of the fire extinguished.
No rose without a thorn. Tree fungus makes the trees rot and you have to and will survive by trading goods.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.8
Balance3.5
Creativity4.2