Author File Description
WarLord_Designs
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1
Minimap:
Greeting to the Stronghold Community,
It has been a while since I’ve popped in around here and I hope that you have all been well.

Lately I had the urge to get designing again, so I started up crusader and started working on another set of custom AI’s. So after about a month of falling in and out of love with the game I find myself just about ready to release my second custom AI scenario.

As you may recall the last map was buggy for some users as I created it using v 1.2, I am glad to say that this one has been completed using 1.0 and won’t cause any hassles.
City in the hills takes place in Aleppo and pits you and the Lionheart against two Saladin Lords. In this scenario I have added a few unique features which are explained in the screenshots, including my ‘prolonged siege’ feature.(see zip file)

The custom AI city has been designed to work as a defensive whole, and my hope was to create a flowing city, two AI lords working as one. Both have been changed to orange to help give that singular city feel.

As always reviews and comments are welcome.

Have fun,

Alexus.

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
gamegeekkl OMG. Amazing landscape and co-op saladin idea. Looks great. Can't wait to try.

Just one question, how did you manage to get your aiv files to work in a scenario?

[Edited on 11/11/09 @ 06:03 PM]

WarLord_Designs
File Author
Thanks gamegeekkl,

It takes a bit of explaining.

1. Create a skirmish player map.

2. Play the map, while playing save the game.

3. Go to the games save folder and chage the save file to a map file. e.g. City in the Hills.sav, is now City in the Hills.map

4. Put the file in the maps folder.

5. Load the map up in the editor.

6. Now press (alt ,) and change the map from a multiplatyer map to a single player map.

That's about it I think.

Pesci di Spada Sweet! The Warlords are back (at least temporarily) Looks really nice from the minimap! I'll download it and play it.

And just wondering, will you be finshing any of your old projects?
WarLord_Designs
File Author
Thanks Pesci di Spada,

I hope you enjoy it. As for whether we will be finishing any of our old pojects, it doesn't seem likely, but who knows...
The Dragonheart Happy to see this uploaded. Interesting concept with the file change from .sav to .map. It's been done when someone wants to make custom farms, but I have never thought to change from a skirmish to an invasion. Very nice.

Downloading...
peter2008 An outstanding map. Very beautiful and lively (whom shall I say this?). And likewise well thought through, with many details rewarding to be searched for. Exciting battles in the end.
Many thanks for the enjoyable and entertaining mission, Alexus.

[More comments later.]

[Edited on 11/12/09 @ 05:57 AM]

WL_D Alexus Thanks alot peter2008,

I'm really happy that people are having fun, can't wait for more of your thoughts. :)

Lord Galandros Great to see you back.

AzVitr... has done maps with the skirmish savegame to map trick, I think. But two AI helping each other, that was a great idea. I got to see them in action.
TwoDie Done :)

25 years of playing it. For some reason it was for me quite easy. In second attack they had falled.

If i will not be s0 lazy i will give you mine gameplay and review.

Edit: How have you got those same color of enemy's and ally? Hexing and similar programing knowledge ? :D

TeDy

[Edited on 11/12/09 @ 08:57 AM]

Lord Ali Ve There stand that its a Stronghold: Invasion map
but it look like a Crusader map.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?