Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Stronghold: Invasions » Maccles-Feild(Final Version Updated)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Maccles-Feild(Final Version Updated)

Author File Description
Lord Lorensoth
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1.2
Minimap:
-=Objectives to win the map=-
(At Normal Difficulty)

-Popullation 205
-Gold Acquired 1000
-Goods Acquired(Iron) 100
-Goods Acquired(Bows) 50
-Goods Acquired(Stone Blocks) 250
-Goods Acquired(Ale) 90
-Blessed% 50
-Drinking Ale% 30
-Fear Factor-Pleasant 5
-No Enemy Left or Invasion
-Keep Enclosed
-Wolves Eradicated

-=Instructions and Tips for the Map=-

You have 1 valley to build or 1 beach at the right of the map.Choose wisely.At
some point you will maybe have some problem with space so build very carefull.
Only one signpost for Invasion to come.You will find a trick that i made which
maybe got you in difficult possition.I let you find it your self.At iron i have
placed a Siege Tower to look likes iron mine.To build Iron YOU MUST destroy the
tower with archers.You can only destroy it with archers.Beware of the Wolves.
They might overwhelm you at start.Tree Fungus exists in game to help the battle.
You know to low the "lag".You will need lots of wells for FIRES.Swords will be
only at market.That's the basics.The rest i leave it to you.Enjoy!

-=Difficulty=-

I recommend it to play either Easy or Normal.
Hard are for advanced players.Do not even think for Very Hard.

-=Story=-

Once Upon a Time, there was Kingdom called Damber. It was rich but small Kingdom in south of the country. People here lived in the name of piece and beer. Inns from capitol city where known hundreds miles away. King, Walerius III. was young and strong in his best ages. But now, he was old, weak and kingdom needed new king, brave and strong young man, that would be able to keep piece in these lands.

Walerius had 2 sons. Older, Walerius, who was known in whole country as a good and honest man. Younger, William, who was rotten from his mother and he hated indigence. When King died, there was starting talking about who will be next King. Walerius was older, but William pined for have Kingdom on his own.

William decided to kill his brother with poisonous wine. One evening, on the basic banquet, William infused poison to brother's goblet. Acutally, Walerius knew that and he replaced his goblet with brother's. William died day after. Kingdom had new King.

Walerius IV. reigned for next ages. He started wars with Islands on the east of the country. However, he was loosing till one day.

3rd November, 1125 AD
My King. Scouter has come with important message.
Let him in.
My Sire! Im bringing you message from our east lands. Little girl has lost in mountains there.
A little girl? Look at me.. am I look like village hero?
Sire! Let me explain it. That girl is your daughter. They found her clothes and necklace upon hills.
Call in Sir Peter. He knows what to do. Call his men to arms and send them to east lands to find my daughter!

And so Peter's journey started.

15th January,1125 AD
Wars with east Islands still go on. Scouter is coming to King with new message about east lands.

My King. Sir Peter with his men has been killed by some men from east Islands. On the place they killed them, wolves appeared. And there isnt small amount of them... apparently about 300!

26th December, 1250
Kingdom of piece and beer lost. Walerius IV. lost in his wars and his lands belong to Island servants. King of this new kingdom is Overenius.

And what about east lands full of wolves? It is only place that isnt seated. People call it Maccles Feild.

There is you, Sir Bartonichus, king gave you these lands thanks to your war statistics with neighboring islands. Now, you must defend yourself from deadly neighbours and from wolves too.
And dont forget! No one ever saw or heared Walerius's daughter.

-=Credits=-

Map Making : Lord Lorensoth
Script Making : Lord Lorensoth
Story Making : Coll

A big thanks to Coll who helped me for story.

Here are some screen shots of the map :

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Pesci di Spada Looks very nice from the minimap! I'll dowload it ASAP and give you my feedback. :D
WL_D Alexus great! :)
DesertMonarch I'll Review as soon as you get the story up :)
Pesci di Spada Beautiful map!! I didn't try playing it, since it didn't look like the kind of map I'd have fun with. (This is no offense to you, I just like quick seiges better)The design was great, I really liked the use of the seige tower and dungeon to create an underground effect. My one critique would be the flat area near the shore. It could use some beach or rocks in my opinion.But it's a great map. For some reason it seems bigger than the map size you used. Maybe it's because you used the space so effectively. ;D

[Edited on 11/18/09 @ 10:41 PM]

Coll story is finished :)
Lord Lorensoth
File Author
Ok ladies and gentlemen.The map is finished now you can rate.Enjoy it! :)
Coll I would... but I cant rewiev my own story you know... :)
Lord Lorensoth
File Author
Yeah that's a small problem :P.

[Edited by ericgolf]

[Edited on 11/27/09 @ 02:50 PM]

Lord Lorensoth
File Author
[Comment removed - Please read your email - edited by ericgolf]

[Edited on 12/06/09 @ 06:34 AM]

Arn_AFe
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Maccles Field are very curious map. I played in this magnificently. On map to choice are two places to building of castle, it so was can taste in two different positions one's strengths. Invasions, thefts from granary etc. inflict, that game becomes very interesting.

Balance: 5
So, map is ballance very good, invasions make difficult game, it is difficulty also limitation of buildings which can to build. To one need many materials, so game is more interesting and more difficult.

Creativity: 5
This map is the example of long work over script and landscape. Script is compiling built and very nice.

Map Design: 5
n this map scenery is ideal. It coniferous trees were composed was with snow magnificently ( I do not know how it create). Coast looks great!

Story/Instructions: 5
Story is very interesting and full dialogues. Helpful your instructions are also, without them was play really hard. Coll is splendid in creating stories. ;)

Additional Comments:
Many players will not accept my opinion probably, but according to me this map deserves on such opinion. Sorry for english ;D

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance4.5