Krak Des Chevaliers 1271

Author File Description
Arn_AFe
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
Made with version: 1.2
Minimap:
Hi. I made this castle in SH1, becouse in SH1 editor is more possibility-for example maximum height. Please rate and comment.

KRAK DES CHEVALIERS
The original fortress at the location had been built in 1031 for the emir of Aleppo.
During the First Crusade in 1099 it was captured by Raymond IV of Toulouse, but then abandoned when the Crusaders continued their march towards Jerusalem. It was reoccupied again by Tancred, Prince of Galilee in 1110. In 1142 it was given by Raymond II, count of Tripoli, to the Hospitallers, contemporaries of the Knights Templar.
Krak des Chevaliers was the headquarters of the Knights Hospitaller during the Crusades. It was expanded between 1150 and 1250 and eventually housed a garrison of 2,000. The inner curtain wall is up to 100 feet thick at the base on the south side, with seven guard towers 30 feet in diameter.

In 1163 the fortress was unsuccessfully besieged by Nur ad-Din, after which the Hospitallers became an essentially independent force on the Tripolitanian frontier. By 1170 the Hospitallers' modifications were complete. In the late 12th and early 13th century numerous earthquakes caused some damage and required further rebuilding.
Saladin unsuccessfully besieged the castle in 1188. During the siege the castellan was captured and taken by Saladin's men to the castle gates where he was told to order the gates opened. He reportedly told his men in Arabic, the language of his captors, to surrender the castle, but then told them in French to hold the castle to the last man.

MISSION
Year 1271. Mametuke under Bajbars commands conquered the entire kingdom Antiochia. On road to next of crusaders' kingdom stands castle Krak Des Chevaliers. You as commander of castle have to push away Mametuke's attacks. If Bajbars army will caspture castle, Tripoli be becomes captured and kingdom will stop existing!

INSTRUCTIONS
-be careful on fires, build many wells
-try how the most quickly to destroy hostile siege towers

UPDATE
I'm sorry, that update so late, then is last updating ,I improved scenery and I added signpost, now enemy attacks from two sides.

Please rate!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
lord theo Hi nice map downloading it now
I would like to know were you get the information for the castles(EDIT) (if this a real castle)
This looks amazing

[Edited on 11/30/09 @ 12:53 AM]

Arn_AFe
File Author
Hi I get the information from wikipedia and books. ;)
PeasantRevolt It looks great! Unfortunately, i do not have a program capable of reading .docx files. Please use common formats if you wish to supply additional documentation. If in doubt, use an ascii text format, as that is readable by all software, even where it causes some loss of information.
I look forward to playing this.
Arn_AFe
File Author
UPDATE:

-I enlarged number attacking armies
-I added siege towers
-also I added documents in format .txt

[Edited on 12/05/09 @ 06:34 AM]

Mole94 Looks awsome :)
Arn_AFe
File Author
I don't know why, but minimap doesn't want update, timely is from before update.
ericgolf
Staff
Arn_AFe, I downloaded the file and used the mapfile and PNGer to extract a minimap. It loooks the same as what you have posted on this page (or any differences are such that I cannot discern them). So I guess that your update must have worked :)
Arn_AFe
File Author
I sorry, I was had somethink foresee, now minimap was ok ;)
Fintrollx Looks good!
Lord Dredde I agree,this looks good,i'm surprised no-one thought of this before-i know of the one for crusader(which is an excellent map).

Keep up the good work!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0