Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Number of Players: 7
Balance: Unbalanced
Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1.1
Minimap:

Crusade vs moddet chars on spezial map

little story:

You are the emporor, and you and your armee were hunting the orange wolf a whole mounth. He was one of your best govenors, but ones he has attacked the sultan, one of your richest governers, with his big armee, whitch he bought with your money.... . He has defeat the sultan, before you could came to help him and panish the wolf! After a long hunt you pushed him in a canyon system where is no way out for him!

Now you know that this was a fault. You noticed after you lost all your spyes, that a horde of very strong warriors are in this canyon system, and if you want to kill the orange wolf, you have to beat the others too. It will be a difficult mission, and you have to use all the tricks you know!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

little description:

Play and see it now! Fight against 3 wolfs, pig, caliph and saladin on an extra spezial map, where they build there castles and they use there fore also the terrain for good defence! They have got enough resources, and you have to defend the mangolines whitch will crush your castle everytime down! You have got enough gold at the beginning, because you are the emperor, but don`t waste it too fast!

When you play it please make sure that one wolf is orange, otherwise it will be unfair!

If u want to have a first feeling of this real hard crusade, you should watch my video on you tube:

_.,-~+*'Video'*+~-,._

A discription how to use it is also in the zip!

To use the sav-file you should only put the sav in the saves folder in your Strongold Crusader folder, and the maps in the maps folder! Then you can load the save in your game!
(I hope it will work, i do not know anybody who tested it yet...)

If you want, you can play these mission together with a friend (maybe he is the sultan?? xD)

I know there can be mistakes in that AI-castles and anywhere! Please tell me any mistake i made, and i will fix it! Ask any question you have, and I will answer too!

Please comment what you like and what not... it took me more then one mounth to create this! I want to know if i should make some more nice pieces like this or if i should not do any more because you don`t like it!

Ask questions if you have problems with playing this and tell me any bug on this map!
comments are wellcome!

Have fun and luck!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
ericgolf
Staff
Moved to Stronghold Crusader: Skirmishes. (from crusader mod section)

This is a skirmish map with custom aiv files. (See also the author's instructions in a Word file in the zip)

Players, Don't forget to keep a backup copy of any of your original aiv files that you are going to be replacing with ones downloaded with this map. :)

return of Yasko I tried the map as instructed, and it was fun, but has issues. I had to use the SAV file you included in the download, because the AI's don't build correctly if you start the map from scratch.

The map wasn't particularly hard because with all the extra gold, you can make tons of defensive fire ballistas and the enemies won't have a fighting chance. Defeating the three front enemies is easy - build lots of towers with mangonels, and dump a bunch of stone on them :D

Even though the enemies can build on the cliffs, they didn't do it much, just some walls here and there. It didn't really provide much defensive advantage for them. The three Wolves tended to moat themselves right into their cliff walls. Technically, they had a way out of their keeps, but they still ended up with inactive buildings. One wolf didn't build any buildings at all....

This was a great idea though - if a way can be found for the AI's to build effectively on the cliffs, they would be harder to fight. I encourage you to work on it.

-Nick

Krarilotus
File Author
Hey Yasko, normaly the AI`s build exactly on the cliffs... maybe you did something wrong, like positions of the AI`s ?? Or do you not change the aiv`s correctly?? maybe that?

Please send me a screenshot, what they build wrong to my e-mail: jojos-nasse-schuhe@web.de
return of Yasko Krarilotus, thankyou for pointing that out, I did place the enemies correctly, but it turned out I had a bad download. I redownloaded and it works fine. The AI's still don't build properly if started from scratch, but it works perfectly when loaded from the SAV file.

How in the world did you get Caliph to build round towers like that??

Judging from the few minutes of gameplay so far, it promises to be very difficult and very fun. For the more experienced players, the AI's can be predictable and repetitive, and this definitely adds a new dimension to fighting the comps. I'll rate when I finish the map.
return of Yasko
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance4.5
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4.5
I'm disregarding that the map doesn't work correctly when started normally (placing the AI's in manually). The AI's simply will not build correctly. However, loading from the SAV file worked fine, and what a game it was!

This is a hard map to rate - it's very unusual, and EXTREMELY difficult. It's definitely not for beginners, but for experienced players who find the AI's repetitive and predictable, this supreme skirmish challenge is worth every minute of playing. Prepare for a long difficult game. The final missions of the crusader trails pale in comparison! In fact, The Pig started throwing catapult rocks just 10 seconds after the start of the game! This map took me 6.5 hours to beat. There is not a single minute your not micro-managing your defense and offense. The modified AI's send wave after wave of troops and siege units, and the pressure will not let up until you somehow manage to kill the first three enemy lords.

The key to surviving this mission is to build your towers and moats as close to your keep as possible. If you build any further out, the enemies will shower you with tons of mangonel rocks, and you won't be able to sustain troops on the towers, even when supported with shields. If built just right, only a couple of their mangonels will reach you, which you can constantly bust with trebuchets behind your towers. This will allow you to keep troops and ballista on and behind towers to deal with the constant barrage of attacking troops and siege equipment. Because of the lack of space there's no room for food production, but you can sustain yourself on ale while trading the plentiful stone and iron for money.

The truly difficult aspect is that the modified AI's will create units so quickly that you will reach maximum army limit with not much to siege with. You must strike a fragile balance between units to defend with, and a meager number of units to siege with. In fact, the only reason playability does not score a 5 is that until you can defeat your first enemy, there will be times the maximum UNIT limit will be exceeded, and you won't even produce peasants!

Balance: 4.5
The gameplay has good balance. You start out with enough extra gold to survive on, and must quickly build infrastructure to earn enough gold to survive. For the first three enemies, the challenge lies in balancing your defensive and offensive forces. You need to maintain just enough troops to deal with constant enemy attacks, so you can produce enough offensive catapults and moat-diggers to be able to bust into the enemies' castles.

Creativity: 5
A very innovative idea, that enemies raise walls and towers on cliffs. I've wondered if this was ever possible, and you found a way to do it. The fact the enemies surround their round towers with tall towers was a good idea too. This makes it impossible to get rid of tower troops without breaking them with catapults or trebuchets.

Map Design: 5
Other than the max unit limit preventing troop production at times, the map ran flawlessly. You put a lot of time and care in this map, and it shows.

Story/Instructions: 5
A short story, but very good detailed instructions. Great job.

Additional Comments:
Nice job modifying the AIV files. If you're making more modified maps then I look forward to playing them! Here's a screenshot of the end of the mission.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5293/screenshotx.jpg

13,530 troops killed, only 2,442 troops lost, 127 in-game years. Can anyone beat that?
Krarilotus
File Author
YOU DID IT... WOW!!!!
And you killed the caliph at first!!
I think it would be easier to kill the pig at first!!

good job! In my thought it makes the most fun to play Skirmish-Scenarios, where you can do everything, and you are not so limited, like buildings are disabled or other things... I wanted to make as strong AI`s as possible, and I see.... you beat it! Thank you for your review, sure: I will make some more of maps with style like this, but it takes much time to do this... see you in a mounth xD

[Edited on 02/12/10 @ 05:07 PM]

return of Yasko I thought the Pig would be easier at first too. I tried sieging him twice, but he fought back with too many catapults and macemen. Then I realized I could reach the Caliph with my trebuchets, and that he is poor with gathering resources. It took a long time, but I kept breaking his towers, which forced him to use up all his stone and money to rebuild them. He doesn't gather stone fast, so eventually he couldn't rebuild them and I could send my group of moat diggers and assasins in. From there I could use that corner as a safe zone to advance on the other enemies by building rows of towers with trebuchets behind them for protection.

That sounds easy, but believe me, this was sooooo difficult! This inspires me to look into AIV modification too. Thanks again,

-Nick

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance4.5