New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Gorge 2

Author File Description
Acacia
File Details
Map Size: 200x200 (Small)
Difficulty: Normal
This the 2nd map in "The Gorge" Series (A series of Economic Missions).

Be sure to check out The Gorge (first one) too.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
foulgrin
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
This one is a little misleading, in that there are two iron fields (one by the signpost) and it seems as if you need to use them both. In fact, you can stick with the one on away from the signpost, which makes the whole scenario pretty easy. With just one river crossing, all animals and bandits have to go across this one spot, and you don't need any resources on the other side, so it's possible to wall off the crossing and throw a few xbowmen up for defense, and then just wait for victory. Another signpost on the other side of the river might make things more interesting. Oh, and there are so many trees on "your" side of the river that it is possible to use a wood wall at the stream and a bunch of kill pits as defense, and not even bother with xbowmen.
Merepatra
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
I played this at Hard and had fun. Playing at Hard means it isn't possible to get enough iron in the time limit without using both groups of iron mines so unlike the previous reviewer I did need to defend against the wolves/bears which kept it challenging. In particular I enjoyed the first few years while I was trying to balance all the requirements and get the iron mines working as quickly as possible. The last few years were less challenging but the mission kept my interest the whole time. The map was attractive and the landscape varied, the story was acceptable but unexciting.

peter2008 Wether it is possible to collect 240 iron bars in Stronghold 1 within 8 game years? That's the request of the PYOK mission on very hard. After many attempts I found the determined procedure to reach the goal in Sept. 1077, 5 months before the end of the timer (score 15520).
You need everything else, too, that the mission requires, namely the xbows (had 20) to make the bandits run away. Full ale coverage helps balancing mad cow events.

[Edited on 03/23/09 @ 09:00 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.5