Author File Description
Adam the First
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1.2
Minimap:
DESCRIPTION PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Adam the First
File Author
I test-downloaded the map, and it seemed that the .map file was corrupt. I fixed that little problem, and now it should work.

[Edited on 08/30/10 @ 12:15 PM]

Strife The reason why the map wouldn't open was because of the dots you used in "L.O.N.". It was thought to be a separate file type.
The map itself is spectacular, it makes me jealous of your creativity and how you use it. ;)
The battle wasn't too hard, just do a few maneuvers and you'll last long enough. Of course, this is just the prologue, I'll be expecting much harder maps for the later stories.

The story was a nice touch. Don't worry about grammar mistakes, there aren't many made and I'm pretty sure we can still read it clearly.
I'm looking forward for your later maps. :)

[Edited on 08/30/10 @ 04:09 PM]

MrTheKing77 Nice Map, but it to easy ^^ i like how you make mini wood fort ^^
Adam the First
File Author
Thanks for the comments. :)

Hmm... I think I will update it, maybe I will add more enemies or remove the gatehouse, so more troops will charge to the keep.

Heroesflorian I like the story =D

Cheers
Heroesflorian
Senseisan I tried the map whith deleting wooden walls and gates .
Invaders died sooner , as the wooden stuff protected them from the crossbowmen I gathered on keep ....
Seems to me that if there is enough crossbowmen on a keep and some " tanks " to fix invaders, it is quite impossible to loose such a map , whatever strength beeing invasions.

Edit Remember that if there is enough of your soldiers in a keep ( full or overloaded either by sending in two groups same time or by the green reinforcements ) ennemies can't no more climb in and are sitting ducks ...

[Edited on 09/08/10 @ 01:55 PM]

Lord_of_Hell Playability: 4
Even from the start, I felt impressed by the huge armies coming and the battle feeling. This scenario is a perfect example of overwhelming forces against few but stronger troops hold by the player. The gameplay is ALMOST perfect, the only thing that significally lowers the score here is that the map is way too short. It took only 30 minutes to play and win it. Though, for the short time of gameplay the feeling is awesome, however just playing it over and over again would give the deja-vu feeling unfortunately.

Balance: 3,5
I first played it on normal, paused the game at beginning for a couple of seconds to see how the map looks and how things are arranged. The player is given a relatively large amount of strong troops, Swordsmen, Knights, Crossbowmen and some key troops: the archers, that are capable of igniting the pitch. What the player does not expect, is that he will quickly be overwhelmed by hundreds of macemen, all charging to the king AT ONCE. What I personally expected was a couple of small invasions during several boring years, but that wasn't that way. I admit, I lost on normal in the first game, but then I realized I found a simple and effective strategy (later reading from the hints I noticed the author used it as well). So I risked and played the map on very hard - using the strategy, not outstanding skills are needed and the winning was assured after a couple of time. Overall it was by far easier than I expected. It was a while when I underrated the difficulty,then I overrated it, but after I realised I can use the strategy that helped me winning lots of maps by now, all I had to do was to 'adapt' it on this one, which led to an easy game.

Creativity: 5
Despite the unbalanced difficulty, the author really showed creativity when he made this map. I must say I haven't played a map like this, when tons of enemy appear from nowhere but I already described the amazing battle feeling. It looks more like a SHC map, it is nice to see there are maps like those in the SH1 category too and this is something different like most of the SH1 invasion maps. I liked how deleting the wood walls causes defeat. And of course, I have to mention the story, which is purely an amazing effort for a Stronghold map.

Map Design: 4,5
From the first look, the design looked like a 5. But things in detail aren't that hard to notice after you spend some minutes on a map. The only issue that kept the design from getting a 5 was the obviously random-placed dots of different terrain. Random things is not the path nature and I had to take 0,5 from the score. Despite of that, which was not so eye-catching, the terrain looked realistic.

Story/Instructions: 5
Impressive story, can be well compared with paragraphs from a history book! The author really showed interest in writing the story, which goes far beyond the word "compressive" and "detailed". There is no other score I can give except a 5. Well done

Additional Comments:
Playability and Balance are the only issues that lowers the overall score, things can get improved, but it's anyway a great map.
Adam the First
File Author
Thanks for your review Lord of Hell, I'm happy to see such high scores in creativity, story and map design. However I am quite disappointed at myself, cause of the balance. I think the map needs another update. :/ Can I ask you to give this map a second chance after the update? :)

[Edited on 04/09/11 @ 04:47 AM]

Lord_of_Hell Sure

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:840
Favorites: [Who?]3