River Chaos

Author File Description
Amnesty
File Details
Map Size: 300x300 (Medium)
Difficulty: Hard
Made with version: 1.2
Minimap:
This map is very very survival focused and is not a typical map i've seen in which people exploit the flaws of the market system in the game.

You're very limited in space, resource, building's and troops, however face a massing Army of the Wolf with full technology at his disposal.

and a very simple yet effective 'scenario winning' criteria which will put you at your wits end !

I hope this area of the forums is still popular as I'm very proud of this map!
Hope you enjoy it, and i'm open to all feedback and what not.

If anyone wants to film themselves playing it out i'd love to see peoples strategies ! :)

Edit: Updated the file.
BIG apologies about not having a lose condition put in, completely missed it out.
and the incredible difficulty has been reworked to make it easier however it'll still present a challenge at very hard.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
lazurowy Very nice map ;)

[Edited on 03/01/11 @ 01:59 PM]

Adam the First Interesting minimap...

Btw. downloaded the map, will play it soon, expect a review. :)

Regards,
Adam the First

[Edited on 04/29/11 @ 06:30 AM]

Adam the First
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design2.5
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability/Balance: 1
This map offered me a very boring and bad gameplay. Fisrt, the time-interval between the invasions was just too big. I think I got bored 3 years after the first two easily beatable invasions and quit the map. I looked at the scripting and thought in myself: "What the... is this a joke?". The spread of the game was 45 years, and the last, biggest invasion and the smallest invasion were both repeating, and there wes no Turn Off event scripted, which made the mission totally unbeatable, as the Win criteria is "No Invasions Left". The second great problem is that the mission is just boring, the player really has nothing to do, but gathering the missiles in the pass and waiting for the production of bows (only 1 bowyer) and the invasions. And the thing, this map lacks the most is playtesting, so here are some suggestions to make the gameplay better, yet still hard:
>First shorten the gameplay.
>Give the player the ability to build at least bowyers.
>Shorten the time between the invasions and add a "Time Off" event. The invasions' strengths are at a good caliber, so they need no changing.

I think these things can improve the gameplay and remove the boring-factor, but remember: at your further maps always ask for playtesters. :)

Creativity: 3
The design was very creative, I liked the idea of separating the two sides of the map by cliffs and connecting them only by a small pass, heavily fortified by the player's troops. The only thing, which really brings down the score here is the scripting (see Balance above) and the lack of story.

Map Design: 3
The map looked kinda spectacular... However, the design was very unnatural, mostly it showed up in the river, the shores and the mountains, they looked very bad. Though the terrain types (shrubs, dirt, etc.) were used well and the castles also looked good. An average, yet thought out design.

Story/Instructions: 2
Well, there is an explanation on the description page, however it is not a story, so I cannot give a higher score than a 2.

[Edited on 04/30/11 @ 03:48 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0