File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Number of Players: 4
Balance: Unbalanced
Difficulty: Normal
Made with version: 1.2
Minimap:

. Dark Water: Ellur .

. The Second map in the Dark Water Series .

After months of struggling, the Cathens finally surrender to the Merrakians who over the course of this period gains control of a number of neighbouring islands. The conquest of Cathe island is more important than it seems. The island occupies a key strategic position on the maritime lanes to the empire. While some cities surrender without resisting, others such as Messaire and Urmukh fights back; their populations is massacred and the cities are sacked. With ample resources and a powerful army, the Merrakian empire grows rapidly. By the end of the decade the empire’s territorial expansion reaches its greatest extent encompassing most of the entire North eastern region. For the Merrakians, this is the beginning of a new era of power. At the height of the empire, the Merrakians hold five great forts. The three largest of these, their bases of power in the empire are the forts of Ellur, Lussail and Merrakis.

This period of power however follows one of decline. A few years after the death of its ruler, the empire falls into disorder and it’s political, cultural and economic unity with most of its allies collapses. The new emperor is unable to extent the frontline past his father’s achievements and faces civil conflicts throughout the empire especially with the growing religious factions. Meanwhile the prolonged and escalating Merrakian-Barwan wars have left both empires exhausted and vulnerable in the face of the sudden emergence or expansion of enemies. Due to the nature of the war and terrain, boundaries are constantly violated by raiding parties on both parties. Battles are tactically indecisive with both leaders keen to seek peace. With the Merrakian empire now torn in civil conflicts, support for the military slowly begins to dwindle and their defenses are left feeble. The morale of the troops deteriorates to the great encouragement of the besieged who now begin to see hopes of deliverance. Seeing this as an opportunity to regain lost territories, the Telaris begin to engage in constant skirmishes with the Merrakians in the south. While the Merrakians are desperately trying to consolidate their hold on the boarders of Merrakis, the Telaris expansion moves steadily eastward and finally to the frontiers of Lussail. Advancing with a massive army of 40,000 troops, the Telaris quickly lay siege on “Ramal” the fort of Lusail. On the ninth day of the siege, the defenders are battered into submission by powerful enemy siege engines. Further offensive by the Telaris army drives the Merrakians back across the Gaith river. After looting and burning the city the Telaris establish their base in Lusail.

In the wake of this serious defeat, the Merrakians attempt to strengthen their defenses at Ellur. However, with their treasury low and the ongoing crisis at Merrakis & Mesaire, they are unable to keep their entire army in Ellur. The enemy’s advance is fast, powerful and relentless.

This is Telari-Merrakian war at it’s bloodiest, the Battle of Ellur.

Author's Notes

It feels good to be back making maps again. I can’t believe 3 years have passed since my last map. Dark Water: Ellur although has a similar landscape setting from the first, is a bit different. It is unbalanced so you will feel the level of difficulty as you play the different positions.

If you have any questions about the map or any suggestions, feel free to post them here

in the forum thread of the map.

Download the First map in the Dark Water series - here

Enjoy.

Surajsubba
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Adam the First First download! Finally it's out, I can't wait to play it! :D

Regards,
Adam the First
The Dragonheart Great, can't wait to play.

My version of Crusader is 1.0, how do I get 1.2?
LordOgnjen Well it is poasable,dovnload 1.1v,then fixed exsteme exe and 1.2v patch,very simple.
Adam the First Well, LordOgnjen, actually that is impossible, as opening Crusader through the extreme exe occures an error.

Also, what are you writing is close to warez, and that's against the CoC. ;)

Regards,
Adam the First
The Dragonheart I started a skirmish but the game shutdown within 10 minutes before I saved.

I'd really like to play a full game on this great map.

[Edited on 05/29/12 @ 01:31 AM]

Adam the First I think the only solution is buying Stronghold Crusader Extreme, only that contains the 1.2 patched version of Stronghold Crusader.

Regards,
Adam the First
reno_keizer What a map!!....how could you made it? it's wonderful....the high level of the ground, the stones, the shape of the land...woww..
Perfect work, dude.....I'm waiting for your next map...

[Edited on 09/08/11 @ 07:29 AM]

Quadra Wow, amazing map. A bit buggy though, not sure if it was ment to start in blue colour when playing against AI... cba GREAT WORK DUDE keep it up!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:3,582
Favorites: [Who?]4
Size:850.38 KB
Added:04/01/11